7mm Network Southeast Welcome To Shaftesbury

• Thread starter Darren Johnson
  • Start date
D

Darren Johnson

That workman has very short legs :)

Yes I have noticed that :)):)) BR took him on to keep the cost down on the PPE trousers, this NSE lark is all cut backs :thumbs: looks like they have cut him back too!!!

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Excellent pics Darren. Did you make the station signs yourself or are they custom made from a transfer manufacturer:confused:

Rob

D

Darren Johnson

Excellent pics Darren. Did you make the station signs yourself or are they custom made from a transfer manufacturer:confused:

Rob

Cheers Rob :thumbs:

The signs was actually purchased from Electra graphics all I needed to do is mount them to some plasticard job done :cool:
I have used these signs on all my previous layouts they are very durable and good value for money :thumbs:

Link to site http://www.electrarailwaygraphics.co.uk/ scroll down to sub menu Electra lineside ;)

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Darren,

Good to see the progress here. I like the new building but prefer the austerity and mundane look of the former station building. Maybe I'm biased though coming from NSE land where so many station buildings were like your earlier model.

I've been getting hold of prototype measurements recently and came across this example, which I thought would be a perfect candidate for a model on Shaftesbury.

NSE MK2 13575 sml.jpg

What do you think?

Cheers

Tom

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Hi just been catching up on this thread i like the idea of using straws for the ridge tiles alot cheaper than plastuct parts how do you cut them , squashed flat with a metal rule and cut ?

I reckon that workers been on the local rough

D

Darren Johnson

Darren,

I've been getting hold of prototype measurements recently and came across this example, which I thought would be a perfect candidate for a model on Shaftesbury.

What do you think?

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom, fantastic find :thumbs: this could be another stock issue resolved ;)

Where is this coach stored to :confused:

A very rare find is that well done :thumbs:

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

D

Darren Johnson

You mean 1987, surely...? :D;)

PPE Uniform is always "One Size Fits No-one".....:rolleyes::(
Must admit I'm with the Guv on this... that range of figures doesn't look particularly realistic to me I'm afraid. I reckon it's because they're 'modern' and R-T-P they sell well....

Yes that's the one the storm of 87 :thumbs: that's my story sorted ;)

To be honest I have not really looked into the figure before but as you guy's have mentioned he is well out of proportions :confused: I know about equal opportunities and all that but I think I will have to release this guy from his duties :(

Next question what 7mm figures do you guy's use?

D

Darren Johnson

Hi just been catching up on this thread i like the idea of using straws for the ridge tiles alot cheaper than plastuct parts how do you cut them , ?

I reckon that workers been on the local rough

Hi westernfan,

That's it you have answered your own question :thumbs: squashed flat with a metal rule and cut away ;)

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Hi Tom, fantastic find :thumbs: this could be another stock issue resolved ;)

Where is this coach stored to :confused:

A very rare find is that well done :thumbs:

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ
Hi Darren,

It's stored along with about 30 other MK2s of various types at John Smith & Son's bus yard in Dalton (near Thirsk). They're all owned by some collector but stored at the bus depot who want shot of them asap.

Cheers

Tom

D

Darren Johnson

Hi Darren,

It's stored along with about 30 other MK2s or various types at John Smith & Son's bus yard in Dalton (near Thirsk). They're all owned by some collector but stored at the bus depot who want shot of them asap.

Cheers

Tom

Cheers Tom, If I had the cash I would buy that MK2 to house the layout in :cool: :)

Seems such a waste just rotting away there :(

Thanks for the info

D

Darren Johnson

Hi all,

My southern style valance turned up yesterday so last night decided to place them on the main entrance of the building along with the new canopy supports :thumbs:

I think they look a lot better than the originals :confused:
Before.........

027-8.jpg

022-14.jpg

After........

112.jpg

113.jpg

118.jpg

114.jpg

Today I plan to add all the blinds,curtains ect to the windows, add the alarms and some additional signage finished off with a light all over weathering and that should be job done for now :thumbs:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Don't forget the stopped clock as well, set to 0000 as were a lot of digital clocks on NSE

D

Darren Johnson

Don't forget the stopped clock as well, set to 0000 as were a lot of digital clocks on NSE

Yes they are in the process of being constructed, 0000 :thumbs: that the time.

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

D

Darren Johnson

Hi all,

Just thought I would update you all on 50 033 Glorious.....

She will be with me tomorrow :thumbs:

PRMPR the makers have called and are down my way tomorrow Sunday the 19th :)

I have agreed to meet them at Andover rail station quite fitting as this was home territory for 50 033 the west of England line, plus I get to go on the train to fetch her ;)

The only problem is that I have no oil to operate the smoke unit :confused: I have some on order but it will not be with me until early next week :headbang:

Still it will be good just hearing her tick over for now, she will have just to tick over as well as I only have 8ft of track put down :oops: more on this soon
small.gif

Other fleet news, 205 025 the Thumper unit is in full production a couple of early stage pictures have been sent to me, the creator assures me that this will also be ready for collection at the end of this month :thumbs: next Sunday to be more precise ;)

Here are a couple of early first stage pictures :cool:

2052.jpg

2054.png

2053.png

So far so good there will be more up-to date pictures of this soon ;)

D

Darren Johnson

Hi all,

Just to let you know that 50 033 Glorious is now with me at Shaftesbury :cool: also a bit later today I might even have a short video of Glorious In action ;) Peter Clark the guy that has the 0 gauge NSE themed layout Leavesden has invited me over to an exhibition this weekend with 50 033 as he is adjusting the smoke unit settings for me, I am certain that 033 will have a quick blast down the lines of Leavesden whilst in his possession :thumbs: this will be great as I only have 8ft of track down so the opportunity of seeing Glorious running on this fantastic layout will be superb :cool:

As mentioned above a short video of 50 033 will be posted up shortly when she visits Leavesden today sun_bespectacled.gif but for now a couple of pictures on the bare baseboards of Shaftesbury ........................

109-1.jpg

015-25.jpg

105-1.jpg

040-2.jpg
Just for a bit of scaling my two boys look on, the station building is nearly as tall as my youngest!!!!!!!
022-16.jpg

Close up of the roof fan.

070-1.jpg

And the four exhaust pods sun_bespectacled.gif

071-2.jpg

102-1.jpg

5258-1.png
More soon, trust me :thumbs:

Also I will have the finished pictures of my 205 today and maybe a video of this unit running on Leavesden as well :cool: Peter Clark is going to be bringing my 205 with him so I can take a closer look he also mentioned that if the decoder has turned up in time I can take this unit home with me :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Great looking 50 Darren the builder has made a cracking job of it :cool::cool::cool::thumbs:........makes nice change to see a proper brass diesel too rather than the usual JLTRT stuff :)