MOVING COAL - A Colliery Layout in 0 Gauge

BetweenTheTunnels

I tried some recently bought new from Squires. It's not the product it used to be with uneven wavy brick courses. If you want to use it take a ruler to check the coursing.
Simon,
Do you mean it now has uneven wavy brick courses ... or that it used to and doesn't now?
Richie

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Richie,
the sheets I bought last year were after the take over of SE Finecast. I didn't have the problem five years ago. I can't say that it was recently manufactured stock. Just check!
Simon

PhilH

Western Thunderer
Loco Shed 005B.jpg

The progress so far on the loco shed with gutters, downpipes and windows added.

Loco Shed 006B.jpg

The gutters are K&S 4mm x 3mm brass channel with the sides cut down to 2mm high and a 1mm x 10 thou strip soldered on the top outside edge. The rather rough edge of the hardboard roof will be hidden by the roof covering.

3020BB.jpg

Loco Shed 007B.jpg

The gutters are supported on brackets of brass wire with the ends flattened and soldered to the underside of the channel, then fixed in pre-drilled holes - shown just before they're pushed into position with a dab of super glue on the wires.

Loco Shed 008B.jpg

Downpipes are 2.5mm brass tube with Modelu brackets, fixed with brass wires hidden behind the brackets as shown previously with the weighbridge office. The window frames on the prototype are metal with a very thin frame round the outside, when I cut out the window openings that's something I should have been aiming for, but missed ! :( Window glazing on the visible side is 1mm perspex.

tbc