Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956-59

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Brian

I agree entirely about the E & F Class (and for that matter the H & K). This E is Ken de Groome's pilot model.

John

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Seasonal grub and Janet's homemade soup was the order of the day this week for the Love Lane crew, many thanks to John and Janet for hosting us this year and all the previous years, I've lost count how long it's been now.

IMG_0572.JPG

Work continues as usual.

A mock up of the new bridge at the country end has appeared. This is based on the example at Takeley on the old Bishops Stortford-Gt. Dunmow branch.

IMG_0573.JPG

Col.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Seasonal grub and Janet's homemade soup was the order of the day this week for the Love Lane crew, many thanks to John and Janet for hosting us this year and all the previous years, I've lost count how long it's been now.

View attachment 203918

Work continues as usual.

A mock up of the new bridge at the country end has appeared. This is based on the example at Takeley on the old Bishops Stortford-Gt. Dunmow branch.

View attachment 203919

Col.
I drove over that bridge last night!

An ode to Mr Hunt?

JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Timber feather edge has now been completed on the granary, roof slates beginning to be applied and we have some laser cut 9 light fixed sashes for the ground floor plus hand made framed, ledged and braced boarded doors, these will be sliding type whilst the upper floor has simple hung braced doors.

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

Doors on the upper floor held in place with tape until the hinges are made, a Christmas holiday project for me. :D Once the doors are fitted I can fix the supporting timer brackets under the lucams.
IMG_0577.JPG

Balk timbers below the loading bay are to stop lorries from damaging the brickwork when reversing up to the bay.

IMG_0578.JPG

Col.

Last edited:

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
Yesterday was the last day of term at Love Lane so here are a couple of pics to show progress so far.

The first view shows how Manor Lane bridge ends the diorama at this end of the scenic section which now extends as far as the aluminium steps in the distance. Rhod's homework indicates the location of the granary (see @Eastsidepilot 's post above). The parcels vehicles are on the up main just clear of the temporary track which will become the access into the goods yard at this end; all the chairs are printed (thank you @Boyblunder ) -- I just need to draw and print the filing jigs before machining the rails and then assembling it all... The goods shed is still roofless; the latest attempt at getting a flat roof (if a job's worth doing then it's worth doing at least twice) is across the main lines partially covering the access to the new platform 3.
20231220_164701_cropped.png

Looking back in the other direction we see the relocated signal box (it was platform mounted so needs some mods to work in it's new position, and it's also now too small so needs making longer as well - one job or two?); the C9 crossover on the 57 metre radius curved mainlines; and the timbering for some of the goods yard trackwork - in particular a three-throw turnout (nearest) and a tandem beyond (neither are correctly described as "three-ways" nor "points").
20231220_164740_cropped.png

And that's it for 2023; see you all next year.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Happy New Year from the Love Lane crew and first meeting into 2024 was down on members as we a have a few off Tom Dick with various bugs and viruses ! So get well soon.

Not much to report on but the Granary continues to be worked on with more tiles collected today courtesy of @Oz7mm and the laser cutter.

The Granary in it's position on the layout.

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

Col.

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Graham

They aren't actually staggered. One is larger than the other. They share a common pitch on the face away from the camera. Why they are different sizes is one for Colin.

John