Loco name plates.

alcazar

BLAST!!!!!!

Now that's something else to save for.

I assume they are laser cut mdf? Does anyone know?

daifly

Western Thunderer
Yes they are. Brian advertised and described them on his Finescale Yahoo group list some weeks ago.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Yes i have had a look too but i think the class 52 western numberplate doesnt look right to me.
I measured mine from the David Birts measurements.

rm043is0.png

rm047rn2.png

And it reminds me i have Western Enterprise, Western Empress, Western Hero and Western King at various stages of build....... must finish them:rolleyes:

Rob:)

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
The Western numberplate does'nt look right IMO because the corners are too tight and the numbers seem to be slightly the wrong style/font. I would need to have a closer look. But the prices are very good and i quite fancy Warship Steadfast.

Rob:)

Osgood

Western Thunderer
For radii as per cast plates, could you mill them for example with a shaped router cutter? I expect there'd be some filling work to tidy as I doubt you'd get a really clean tapered edge on machined MDF.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
That is a good piece of kit and has helped to improve our baseboard construction no end. If you are thinking of one, cleaning the slides regularly is a good thing - sawdust inside the bellows can make the machine stiff on the plunge and then remain down when you need a cup of tea.