Jon Nazareth's 7mm layout

mswjr

Western Thunderer
The model looks first class,The lead you have used looks good too,On my buildings i use tin foil from the kitchen,it stays shiny for about a year,then goes a dull lead colour. I expect yours will as well.

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0797.JPG IMG_0798.JPG

Here is the almost finished road bridge that will sit on the far left of the layout. The first picture shows the painted bricks, the second the mortar being applied and the third and fourth the completed finish. Because I had to trim the wing walls, where they butt up against the bridge proper, to suit the embankments, some of the bricks fell off. These will be painted in and then hopefully won't look so bad. I was going to stick some 'ivy' along the join to hide it but still thinking about that one. On the corners of the piers that sit at the end of the wing walls, you will notice that the mortar looks a bit thick. This is because the laser has burnt away more that it should making the joints a bit big. The joints don't look too bad in the picture but they do in reality. Once again, I may try and hide this with a bush or something similar but will think more about this when I start laying down the grass etc.

Jon

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
I've been working on the next section of the bank and here it is. The gap is for the signal box of which the top half being a Peco with the lower section made out of styrene. I was going to prop the stairs up but then remembered that I'd glued them to a 'handle' ready for painting. The roof is covered with slates from York Models (I think that's the name) with a ridge made from strips of lead over a styrene roll. None of which show in this picture but I'll make sure the next pictures are better. I find the making up the bank a very time consuming task to do and wished that I had made the layout 'flat' with the backscene finishing at the same level as the table. Hey ho, next time, if there is a next time. It's also going to be tricky making up the bank and raised levels around the bridge but, I'll get there in the end.

Jon

IMG_0806.JPG IMG_0806-001.JPG