7mm JLTRT Class 47

richard carr

Western Thunderer
Yes we have been on about it a while but it might still be 3 years before we actually have one.

What has happened to the DMU ?

Richard

daifly

Western Thunderer
Beat me to it; took a while to find as "Class 47" isn't in the Thread Title
News from JLTRT | Page 4 | Western Thunder

... and "47" is rejected by the Search facility as "too short" a word anyway!
It helped to remember that it was mainly Steve Fay who brought it to our attention in the early days so a search on 'JLTRT' and 'Compton Castle' (Steve's nom de plume) found the thread immediately.

delticfan

I can't wait about time we had a decent 47, maybe they will do a deltic no one has properly nailed that one yet although Laurie Loveless had an admirable go.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Hopefully we should see some updates at Reading, the tooling moulding for the D600 & DMU are taking shape. With samples of the D600 looking very nice, Pete is on here as well now so if he sees this he can bring us up to speed.
Steve
Over on the other thread are some pictures of the NB warship well bits of it, the DMU & the new black 5

Last edited:

Mr Grumpy

Western Thunderer
Having almost completed my DJH 47, I would very much welcome one from JLTRT.
Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with my model, but the amount of cutting and filing gets very tedious and I think the moulds are probably showing their age.
Having said all that they definitely nailed the shape of the cabs!! :)

richard carr

Western Thunderer
In my opinion the DJH 47 is excellent it captures the loco of the loco really well. I have one and another to build, but I'll still be buying the JLTRT one when it comes out too, I'm sure they will do an excellent job on it.

Richard