It's me again! I'm back!

dukedog

Just re joined this establishment after a prolonged absence due to family, work and health problems.
But, you don't want to hear about that.
I tried to log back in under my original membership but it must have been deleted as all my old posts were saying I was "Guest".
Anyway, without further ado, I'll just thank the admin team for letting me back in and I'll try and post something constructive on what I have been up to soon.

Cheers for now
Frank

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Welcome back mate same old same old , more modelling been happening since you bin gone ( a bit at Rainbow) yes loads of pictures needed

S

Simon Dunkley

Good to see you back, Frank!

Just re joined this establishment after a prolonged absence due to family, work and health problems.
But, you don't want to hear about that.
Oh, but I do. ;)

But only out of nosiness.

makhis

Western Thunderer
Hi Frank, blow everyones mind with steam on the Cambrian. Whoops I hope I'm not spoiling it for all.

dukedog

Good to see you back, Frank!

Oh, but I do. ;)

But only out of nosiness.

Well, Simon,
First of all I got made redundant back in April 2011 so have taken early retirement.
At about the same time SWMBO was diagnosed with bone cancer.
My health went down hill and I'm just a hare's breath from being registered disabled.
About 12 months ago I had severe depression again and took an overdose of pain killers.
BUT, I'm over it now and doing a bit of modelling again.
My old layout Pen Y Bont as been sold to a friend of mine and is still on the exhibition circuit, My new layout "Steam on the Cambrian" is almost ready to go out and has it's first trip to Telford on September 28th this year.
I am also exhibition manager for Cradley Heath MRC who are holding their very first exhibition in October.
So there you have it, what I have been up to in a nut shell.

I hope to post some of my work here in the next day or two. once I have found my way around here.
Mind you, having seen the standard of work displayed on Western Thunder It makes mine pale into insignificance!

Talk again soon
Frank

S

Simon Dunkley

Well, Simon,
First of all I got made redundant back in April 2011 so have taken early retirement.
At about the same time SWMBO was diagnosed with bone cancer.
My health went down hill and I'm just a hare's breath from being registered disabled.
About 12 months ago I had severe depression again and took an overdose of pain killers.
BUT, I'm over it now and doing a bit of modelling again.
Well, I am glad to see you back!

Given everything you went through, severe depression isn't surprising, whether you had suffered from it before or not. I can understand the drive to drastic action: not unusual in those circumstances.

Glad you are still with us, and also that you share this so openly.

Look forward to seeing more!

adrian

Flying Squad
Well, Simon,
I hope to post some of my work here in the next day or two. once I have found my way around here.
Mind you, having seen the standard of work displayed on Western Thunder It makes mine pale into insignificance!
It's great to see such a positive outlook - and it's nothing about standard of work on here. We like people getting on and doing stuff, for which you seem to qualify in spades.

Really looking forward to more Cambrian stuff.

mickoo

Western Thunderer

Talk again soon
Frank

In my books there's only one fact about standards you need concern yourself with, 'are you happy with it', if the answer is yes then it matters not one jot what anyone else says or thinks.

Set your standards to please yourself, not to appease others and above all be comfortable with your level set and enjoy yourself :thumbs:

Hi Dukedog, and good to see you are here as well....

Thanks for your help with Pen-Y-Bont last weekend , very much appreciated .. it was a dream to operate and present.

Pen-Y-Bont caretaker!

dukedog

Hi Dukedog, and good to see you are here as well....

Thanks for your help with Pen-Y-Bont last weekend , very much appreciated .. it was a dream to operate and present.

Pen-Y-Bont caretaker!

Great to see you here as well, I hope you found your first exhibition with your own layout a good experience.
maybe you can start a new |Pen Y Bont thread now!
Cheers!
Frank

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
maybe you can start a new Pen Y Bont thread now!
Please consider asking the Flying Squad to make the original Pen-y-Bont thread available again and with in-line images rather than thumbnails.... hopefully with a link in this thread.

thank you, Graham

Perhaps I could ask the Mods to reurrect the thread for Pen-Y-Bont from history , and then I'll continue it for the future. Thank You.

EDIT Sorry just noticed whilst I was writing this post - the MODS were busy. Thany you . I'll expand it where I can.