Hi all...

rmbeales

Hi folks,

I figured after a good while quietly lurking it was time to say hello! After a fair few false starts and a pile of abandoned kits, about 4 years ago I settled on 1940s South Western in S7 and finally managed to finish a few projects! Still no layout, just a couple of wagons and an Adams Radial from the Finney kit to show so far...
P3042563_800px.jpgP3042569_800px.jpg

I've fitted the Radial out with homebrew radio control based around the motor control code from the MERG DCC decoder, and I'm really interested to read what others are doing with radio control - I'd love to get good sound in there too at some point.

All the best,
Richard

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Welcome to the fun filled fiction factory :thumbs:, nice looking radial, not my biscuit but nice tidy looking model none the less.

Kindest

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Welcome Richard. Great to see another S7 modeller here. Apart from them beautifully turned out wagons and loco, I'd like to see more of the track work/ fiddle cassette that they are stood on!

:thumbs:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Hi folks,

I figured after a good while quietly lurking it was time to say hello! After a fair few false starts and a pile of abandoned kits, about 4 years ago I settled on 1940s South Western in S7 and finally managed to finish a few projects! Still no layout, just a couple of wagons and an Adams Radial from the Finney kit to show so far...
View attachment 18691View attachment 18692

I've fitted the Radial out with homebrew radio control based around the motor control code from the MERG DCC decoder, and I'm really interested to read what others are doing with radio control - I'd love to get good sound in there too at some point.

All the best,
Richard

Another Richard this is going to be confusing, there are a number of people on the forum who are looking at R/C (including myself), so we would love to be regailed wirth the ins and outs of your trials and tribulations involving the old radio waves.

Ian

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
Another Richard this is going to be confusing, there are a number of people on the forum who are looking at R/C (including myself), so we would love to be regailed wirth the ins and outs of your trials and tribulations involving the old radio waves.

Ian

You trying to imply there's too many Dicks on here?;) Welcome Richard – I too would be interested in the R/C element particularly if there's a Newsletter article in the making!

Richard K

rmbeales

Thanks for such a friendly welcome! :) I will write up the r/c stuff - there're a few changes I want to make to the code, mainly to add DCC-style in situ configuration and allow the radio channel to be changed if necessary. I really need to draw up a PCB and bite the surface-mount bullet too! The Radial has its receiver on a big lump of veroboard that completely fills the bunker space, but it would be a squeeze getting it and the battery into something like an O2.

BrushType4, my dad put those boards together just to have something lightweight to test on - each is a single thickness of MDF edged with aluminium L-section, arranged so they slot together. We just use Exactoscale plastic fishplates to keep the rails aligned across the board joins.

Thanks again guys, looking forward to joining in the fun!

Richard

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Welcome to the madhouse soon to be renamed the the S7 forum (bwahahahaha).

+1 on the lovely o/f van.
Adrian,
Hmm, that's not going to work if we end being renamed Southern Thunder first... :confused:

Welcome, Richard!
It is a bit of a mad house, as others have remarked - but there's a good few of us hereabouts modelling a proper railway. Your Radial is a charmer too - did you manage to get the inside motion in as well as the radio control?

Steph