Hi All From Sunny Dorset!!!!

• Thread starter Darren Johnson
  • Start date
D

Darren Johnson

Hi all,

My name is Darren probably known better as NSE DAZ , I am 32 years old and from Shaftesbury in Dorset.

I have in the last six months changed scales from OO to O and loving every minute of this new scale, opens up a whole new world that I never new existed :)

I am very passionate about the class 50,33 and 47 and also love modeling the late 80's early 90's sectorisation period, basically I am a Network Southeast (NSE) fanatic :cool: confessing this I hope you guy's still will except me on the Western Thunder forums :confused:

I have just started to create a layout in 7mm called Shaftesbury that is 32ft long with a 15ft fiddle yard, I am not alone in this venture as my brother-in-law is also assisting me as this is the biggest project I have ever done and feal that it is to much for one man alone!!!!

I will start a thread up soon with some pictures :thumbs:

Hope to speak to you all soon,

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Hi there and welcome,

If you post here as you have done "over there" then that is one less reason for bothering with the other site.

regards, Graham Beare

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

I am very passionate about the class 50,33 and 47 and also love modeling the late 80's early 90's sectorisation period, basically I am a Network Southeast (NSE) fanatic :cool: confessing this I hope you guy's still will except me on the Western Thunder forums
Welcome to the madhouse Darren! I'm also a bit of an NSE fan with a few 50's, 47's and 33's, so look forward to seeing your pics :thumbs:

You may find this thread:
http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?threads/o-gauge-heljan-33-improvements.1265/
useful for your O gauge 33.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Darren,

welcome to WT - I too have been following you thread on the 'other side' from time to time and mighty interesting it is - looking forward to the updates here.

cheers

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
Welcome along, Im quite partial to NSE, at the time it all seemed 'wrong' but in hindsight it was the end of an era, Slam door 117's, class 50's and mk1's, all seemed to go so quickly.

S

SteveO

Hello Darren, welcome! I too have seen your thread in the other place and, although it is too 'new' for my modelling tastes, I'm enjoying it all the same. I'll look forward to seeing it here too!
Steve

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Darren and welcome to the forum.:thumbs:
Although the late 80's is a little late for me i look forward to your postings soon. Nice to see another diesel modeller on the forum.
Would be nice to see a trackplan of your "layout" and of course plenty of pics;)

Rob

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Well hello WT. toothpaste livery:D belongs in a crest tube. seriously the livery suited 86401 but it's pre sector livery was better:))

D

Darren Johnson

Hi there and welcome,

If you post here as you have done "over there" then that is one less reason for bothering with the other site.

regards, Graham Beare

Cheers Graham, with all the problems "over there" Western Thunder could be my new home :thumbs:

D

Darren Johnson

D

Darren Johnson

Hi Darren,
welcome to WT - I too have been following you thread on the 'other side' from time to time and mighty interesting it is - looking forward to the updates here.
cheers
Mike

Hi Mike, many thanks ;)

You will be able to watch my progress from the comfort of your arm chair on here now :thumbs:

All the best Darren NDE DAZ

D

Darren Johnson

Welcome along, Im quite partial to NSE, at the time it all seemed 'wrong' but in hindsight it was the end of an era, Slam door 117's, class 50's and mk1's, all seemed to go so quickly.

Many thanks 28ten :thumbs: and thanks for accepting me on the forum, cannot wait to look thought the pages it all looks fantastic what I have seen so far :)

Glad you like the vibrant NSE theme as you say it was a bit like marmite :rolleyes: but now it's all gone along with the fantastic stock it's another chapter of our British railways closed, but I plan to reopen this for futre generation's to see what our rail networks was like :thumbs: (not always good!!!)

D

Darren Johnson

Hi Darren, I'm glad you made it at last. Welcome to the mad house. :thumbs:

Hi Phil, many thanks for pointing me in the direction of this forum it's superb :thumbs: (If you guy's get fed up with my constant NSE ramblings you all have Phill to blame as he was the guy that showed me the door to Western Thunder ;) )

D

Darren Johnson

Hello Darren, welcome! I too have seen your thread in the other place and, although it is too 'new' for my modelling tastes, I'm enjoying it all the same. I'll look forward to seeing it here too!
Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for the welcome :thumbs:

Glad you like the progress that you have seen this far ;)

D

Darren Johnson

Hi Darren and welcome to the forum.:thumbs:
Although the late 80's is a little late for me i look forward to your postings soon. Nice to see another diesel modeller on the forum.
Would be nice to see a trackplan of your "layout" and of course plenty of pics;)

Rob

Hi Rob, cheers mate :thumbs:

I shall post the track plan up on my layout thread very soon :thumbs: , glad you like the diesel image ;) even if mine is a little to modern for you I hope you still like the pictures.