Hello From The West Mids.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Rest assured anyone who builds huge layouts to P4 Standards is unlikely to be anywhere near the Back of the Class.....

Of course... Jim needs all the space that he can get so there will be no room for chairs and probably no room for the queue to join the Back Row. Maybe just a few scatter cushions for the invited and the long-term members ;)

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
The "back row thing", more correctly known as "The Back of the Class", is where we imagine the likes of myself to be on this Forum... the "Bodger's Corner"; the place where those of us who are not skilled model makers - who are inept with Machine Tools, Soldering Irons, Laser Cutters, Scenics, or even tubes of Glue etc - can sit still and watch with awe as some of the Masters on here produce Works of Art to be admired by all....:bowdown:
That's not to say we aren't active modellers here at the Back - in fact there is plenty of "Doing" on the whole Forum, on many levels from "Slightly Advanced Train Set" to "Miniature Engineering"....
Rest assured anyone who builds huge layouts to P4 Standards is unlikely to be anywhere near the Back of the Class.....:rolleyes::D;)

Move up, sounds like I've been sitting too near the front!

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
Hi Peeps

A bit confused by the boards TBH. I want to start 3 threads - one for the layout - one for the stock and one for the road stuff (thus people who aren't interested in the road stuff dont get it cluttering up the other threads). I guess the layout goes in layout but the others? Area 51? May as well ask and save the admins have to tidy up my fumblings!

Cheers

Jim

28ten

Guv'nor
Hi Peeps

A bit confused by the boards TBH. I want to start 3 threads - one for the layout - one for the stock and one for the road stuff (thus people who aren't interested in the road stuff dont get it cluttering up the other threads). I guess the layout goes in layout but the others? Area 51? May as well ask and save the admins have to tidy up my fumblings!

Cheers

Jim
As I said somewhere, else we ramble all over the place, and the forum sections seem to make little difference :))
Theoretically Area 51 for the workbenches and Layouts in layouts, but dont get hung up over where you post, we dont :cool: :))

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
Welcome aboard Jim. New Street has long been like a tonic; despite it being in a scale/gauge, period and region of the country which are all alien to me, I'm at least secure in the knowledge that there's at least one other person in the world whose has the purpose of mind to construct a large layout measured in a timescale of decades instead of the more usual number of years you can count on one hand. Besides which, the standard of modelling is simply inspiring.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Hi Jim and welcome I have conversed with you before about 310's remember, you'll like it here BLUE and from Brum excellent!!!!!!!!!!!

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Hi Jim no unfortunately not, a scrap yard somewhere up north. But I did find out where they were stripping asbestos from them and got loads of Juicy underframe and cab shots I will send them to you if you want