Prototype Harz Mountains 6 day Photo Charter

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi,

I have processed a couple of videos if anyone is interested. My limitations as a videographer are clear as I am used to model videos with a tripod, not hand-held in sub-zero temperatures!

They are HD, and turn the sound up!

Cheers

Richard

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Hi,

I have processed a couple of videos if anyone is interested. My limitations as a videographer are clear as I am used to model videos with a tripod, not hand-held in sub-zero temperatures!

They are HD, and turn the sound up!

Cheers

Richard
Richard
I take it there was another loco on the other end of train propelling you backwards! Nice videos though what camera were you using?
Could you PM me on how you go about posting a video please as I also have a couple.

Dave

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Richard
I take it there was another loco on the other end of train propelling you backwards! Nice videos though what camera were you using?
Could you PM me on how you go about posting a video please as I also have a couple.

Dave

Hi Dave,

There was no loco on the other end. The train loco draws the train into the siding, waits for the up train to slog past, then pushes it back to the main line - without hanging about:) - before continuing on its way.

The camera is a Sony Handycam HDR-CX155.

PM sent.

Cheers

Richard

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Hi Dave,

There was no loco on the other end. The train loco draws the train into the siding, waits for the up train to slog past, then pushes it back to the main line - without hanging about:) - before continuing on its way.

The camera is a Sony Handycam HDR-CX155.

PM sent.

Cheers

Richard
Thank you Richard.

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Hi Richard and all, here's my first attempt to post a youtube video on WT. The first one is a short one and I would like you all to take into account that because it was taken on a digital camera you can only view it from the screen on the back and as Richard stated it was brass monkey weather.

This is a replacement video, this was taken with my Canon 100D whereas the other two were taken with my Canon 7D.

Going for a second video

Last one for the time being, turn the sound up.

Dave

Last edited:

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Thanks guys, I think. I've spent too much of the evening looking at DR steam videos on YouTube and now have 'a few bits' of East German P87 littering the living room. Groan...

If you want to understand more of the fascination try typing the phrase 'Halle 18201' in to a search engine! Not bad for a bits-box-special eh?

Steph

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
You'd be alright Paul, German loco kits are a little more 'developed' than British ones. My BR 44 2-10-0 has cast motion (including for the inside cylinder), turned nickel-silver wheels arrived with an assembled drive and quartered wheels already mounted on their bearings and axles, pickups, decals, plates, cut glazing, wire etc.
Just need solder, glue, paint and time to complete...
Steph

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Hi All

Having spent most of last week sorting out mine and my wife's computer, and adding a 1tb H/D to mine, I've finally managed to get back to the Harz photos, so a couple of photos from day three.

The first photo was taken at Elend, looks like a baby version of the 2-10-2 beasts.
DayThree_1.JPG
Next photo was out in the forest not sure where?
DayThree_5.JPG
And this happened whilst we were there.
DayThree_6.JPG
Dave

Last edited: