Great to be on board

T

two tone green

Hi all,

New member checking in to say hi and looking forward to taking part in the forum.

Found the place from a link in RM Web and a suggestion I have a look and join up.

Newish to 7mm modelling during the green period of diesels around my own area in deepest west Wales but on a fictional railway that almost got built in the real world.

Currently got an Easy Build 108 on the back burner awaiting a gear box from ABC gears to replace the problematic one supplied with the kit. Various other projects on the go as well including track laying, point motors and wiring for DCC operation with ESU, ECoS and computer control using RR&Co.

Hope to post some pictures soon.

Anyway, glad to be a member on here and hello to one and all.

TTG

marsa69

Western Thunderer
That suggestion? It didn't come from a certain person building a certain model of Lincoln Station would it?

Hello and welcome anyway  :wave:

regards,

Mark

T

two tone green

No, not Lincoln station, a 105 DMU.

Thanks for the welcome, nice to be here.

TTG

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Welcome,
Right colour ;D, right era ;D, (wrong area for "area 51" :(). After DCC I was totally lost :-[, I only know DC.
Alan

T

two tone green

Hi Alan,

Not sure if my layout should be area 51 candidate or not.
West Wales with class 08, 37, 40, 45, 47, 55, 76 !
All green, two tone green and variations on that theme of course.

As for DCC, its the same except the extra 'C'. Simple really like DC.

28ten

Guv'nor
two tone green said:
Hi Alan,

Not sure if my layout should be area 51 candidate or not.
West Wales with class 08, 37, 40, 45, 47, 55, 76 !
All green, two tone green and variations on that theme of course.

As for DCC, its the same except the extra 'C'. Simple really like DC.

Layouts are layouts  :))  welcome BTW  :wave:

T

two tone green

Thanks guys. Nice welcome.

Got most of the track down in the main scenic area just need to check spacing and alignment before getting down to ballasting. All the block wiring is in place and tested along with point motors and route setting. All tested against RR&Co which is reporting all well on the layout front.

Railcom also picking up loco ID's which is a nice feature and saves manual entry into the system of all the loco details.  It shows the cab side number straight away in the block it occupies on the PC screen. Well happy.  ;D

dennis-rs

Western Thunderer
Hi TTG
Nice to see you here hope the 7mm is going as good as the 4mm did.
Its good to see another green guy here there seems to be a few more off us now
A few of the guys here may pick your brains on DCC and RR&Co
Any news on the meet you had planned up north yet ?
Really had a great day last time and learnt a lot
anyways nice to see you here
JOHN
(Lincoln Central)

T

two tone green

Hi John,

The next RR&Co get together upt norff is hopefully going ahead in the new year. Once we get the festive season out of the way and some clear dates become available it will be posted for those interested to get on board.

7mm going well in fact with RR&Co fitting in well into a less complex layout compared to the 4mm set up.  That did challange the software and my grey matter a bit  ;D

Keep watching for news but it will be after Xmas.

TTG