Good Morning from Wales!

Unigate

Hello Thunderers (is that how I should address the collective?),

I'm a forty something family man with a big interest in all things Western region, steam and BR blue, as well SDJR, the Midland region in South Wales and Gloucestershire and narrow gauge and light railways too. That dilutes pretty much all my resources and the little time I have available. Despite this I still dream of building a layout, although I never seem to complete anything.

I love the Titfield Thunderbolt (Bookshop as well as the film) but only get to visit two or three times a year. It was through chatting to Simon that I became aware of this forum and thus have applied to join. Following discussions with Simon, I should also ask now that Railtrack have opened the line again at Dawlish will the good Captain Kernow be focussing on reinstating the North Devon line to Plymouth?

I suspect that my modelling skills are somewhat rudimentary in comparison to many of the posters on this site, I'm still grappling with the basics, but I hope there is room for a lurker with an occasional post or comment to add. Well that's me.

Mark

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Hi Mark and welcome to WT.

With your list of interests, I'm sure you'll fit in well here, but what scale are you working in?

Regards

Dan

Simon

Flying Squad
Top introduction that man!

Got to go, it's our wedding anniversary and we're off for a day out to Sidmouth.

I'm sure it'll be more enjoyable than that sounds......

Simon

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Welcome enjoy yourself, plenty of piccies and explanations needed for the back of the class

Unigate

Hi Mark and welcome to WT.

With your list of interests, I'm sure you'll fit in well here, but what scale are you working in?

Regards

Dan

Sorry, scales modelled (or should that be items collected, as I've yet to build anything that will allow me to run my loco's and stock) include 00 and N-gauge and 16mm live steam (albeit in the garage not the garden, as the domestic authorities has had enough of my trains and does not want her precious garden "soiled"). I can't blame her, but Simon how do you manage to get away with it?

Mark

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Welcome Mark :)
I like your Culm Valley avatar and 16mm live steam in the garage - I'm looking forward to seeing pics of that too.
Enjoy!

Unigate

You're a friendly bunch! I do have a question relating to Prototype matters, but as a newbie I'm not aware of forum ettiquette and not wishing to offend the staff (or other forum users) where should I post this, in the Forum Q and A or WR Action?

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Welcome to WT Mark.

I would post to Forum Q&A initially. If it gets more substantive, we can move it elsewhere.

Richard

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
Welcome in, Mark

House, wife, family and all those railway interests! gosh! - Do you have a job to go to in all the other spare hours of the day?? :eek:

Have fun, post pikkies. . .

Ian