G'day from WA.

N

Neville

I suppose I could have thought up a better heading to introduce myself but being an Aussie living in West Australia I thought it was appropriate.
I'm 70 years old I travel to England every year to see my son and his family who live in London and while I'm there I attend the O gauge show at Telford in September and this year will be no different.
Now the funny bit, I model O Scale USA trains! Have done for at least the last 25 years but to me any trains are good trains I enjoy looking at and talking about railway modelling.
Heyside is one of my favourite UK Railways and I know there are a few? photos here in the forums of the railway that I would like to view, so I hope you don't mind me joining the group why I might even be able to contribute something now and again.
Mentioning Heyside, might also give you a hint of how I found out about Western Thunder!
Thanks.
Neville Rossiter (sounds to formal) call me Nev.

makhis

Western Thunderer
Hi Nev and welcome, I've been following your postings on the Guilds Forum and thoroughly enjoying your rail road.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
A very warm welcome to the forum Nev:thumbs:

O gauge USA :eek::confused: never mind someone has to......... oh yeah Jordan does:rolleyes::p

Rob:)

Tony West

Western Thunderer
Hi Nev !! and welcome, Ive seen your contributions on the GOG forum...very impressive :thumbs:.
Cheers Tony.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Neville

Glad you found us, and welcome.

This forum is a lot more interactive than the GOG forum, so start a layout thread, post lots of pictures, and I'm sure we'll soon have a vibrant US based natter.

Richard

N

Neville

I see some familar names here.
When I saw the name of the group I thought I was downloading a western movie! Grin.
But it turned out to be something better....... Trains!
Thanks.
Nev.

N

Neville

Thanks guys.
After a welcome like that my ego has got bigger! Grin
I'll tell you want I will do.
Because we are not operating the railroad at the moment as I am working on a part of it, I will stage some trains in Bayridge Yard and snap some photos.
I don't like repeating photos (Vintage photos excepted) that I have posted on other groups so these will be all new.
I'm painting some backdrop buildings at the moment so when I'm waiting for the paint to dry I will fire up the layout and send some trains into the yard I'm sick of working all the time this will be some therapy after all we are in this hobby to have fun.... Right!
Thanks.
Nev.

Bob

Western Thunderer
Hi Nev,
A rather belated welcome from me too. US, steam,diesel, green or blue...it's all welcome on here :thumbs: