Flat bottom rail for S7

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
I'm looking at building some micro layouts that would need to be built using flat bottom rail. The rail would be a lighter weight than what would be used on a main line in the UK. Any suggestions of what code of rail I should use and where I can get hold of some.
Marc

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
Marc,

Kalgarin Models have lighter section rail listed, see link attached to this message.
Richard at Kalgarin is very helpful and good to deal with.

Tim

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Richard McLeish at Karlgarin Models does flat bottom rail in Codes 83, 100 and 125 in HiNi nickel silver

The Micro Engineering rail (which I think you can get via EDM here) tends to be rather yellower in colour.

John

Allen M

Western Thunderer
Hi mark
On my Colonel Stephens stile light railway I used Peco code 100 as used in their oo flex track. It equates to 56lb rail full size. I soldered to PCB sleepers as the track is supposed to be directly spiked to sleepers at 3ft spacing.5 The centre section and board split..JPGEL 1938 WCP021 Ebdon Lane.jpg

The track I was trying to get this photo the Western Clevedon & Portishead Railway in 1938 so a bit run down shortly before closure..

Regards
Allen

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I was recommended getting rail section from Marcway has anyone used their rail? Is it the same as Peco?
Marc
I have used Marcway Code 125 FB rail for the 'main' on my U.S. O Scale layout.
20210530_205217.jpg
The spurs in the background are Peco Code 100, although the purists frown on this as the rail head width is a few thou. too narrow, compared to true O Scale Code 100, as supplied by Kalgarin.