Exactoscale rail chairs

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Hello,

I have a 7mm crossover to build and was wondering if any of you fine people have used the Exactoscale 7mm bridge chairs and if so what are your thoughts about them? I am using C+L components but they don't produce a bridge chair, instead relying on a 'frig' method of holding down the check rails using normal chairs. I used this method on my three way turnout that I built and I am more than happy with the result. But I am also happy to try other methods, especially as I may have other check rails to build in the future.

As always your thoughts and comments are much appreciated,

regards,

Mark

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Would not be without them!  Similarly the "slab and bracket" castings from C&L.

Truth is that one is likely to have to mix and match the two systems for most S&C work.

regards, Graham Beare

[subsequent thought....  is the L1 the best starting point for check chairs?  I use the bridge chair at several positions within simple turnouts....  the number / location of bridge chairs is dependent upon crossing angle and length of switch.  As to check chairs, I make these by cutting two S1 chairs such that the thickness of the inside jaw is 50% of the flangeway through the check.  If you have the last S7 Newletter then you can see the jig which I use....  given to me by Mr. Penn-Sayers.]