Evercreech New

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Apologies if this layout has been aired on here before, but I just had to share these's video's with you guys. Absolutely first class very inspiring :- .

ATB,  Martyn.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
CME & Bottlewasher said:
Hi Martyn :wave:

Great Post :thumbs:

Nice layout.....I would love something like that...any idea as to the gauge/scale...EM?

Nice :bowdown: :bowdown:

CME :wave:

Hi CME,

Yes it's 7mm f/scale over 40' in length and run on dcc, and it's in a permanent home so no chance of seeing it at an exhibition  :'(.

ATB,  Martyn.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
Made me want to dig the Ivo Peters vids out again 8) 8) 8)

Hi Phil,

If you look closely at the station you will see a model of Ivo's Bentley parked in the yard. Also the guy who owns this layout actually owns Ivo Peters original Bentley, I kid you not  :thumbs:.

ATB,  Martyn.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
3 LINK said:
Hi Phil,

If you look closely at the station you will see a model of Ivo's Bentley parked in the yard. Also the guy who owns this layout actually owns Ivo Peters original Bentley, I kid you not  :thumbs:.

ATB,  Martyn.
Yes I noticed Ivo's Bentley :D, I think this layout was featured in one of the mags a while ago, much better to see it in action though on the link  :thumbs:

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
There are 13 video clips altogether so far, all well worth watching, 9f's, 7f's,4MT's and some double heading going on.

Martyn.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Martyn, FANTASTIC :eek: :eek:. What a superb layout with some great looking stock :thumbs: and this comes from a Hydraulic's fan and one thats not really into kettles. :shit: Thanks for posting, some truely inspirational stuff :bowdown:

Rob :wave:

T

Tinsnips

I've been to see this layout . It was built by Julian Birley who I believe is a director of the North Norfolk Railway. You may have noticed the model Ivo Peters Bentley. Julian owns the original. Not too far away is Nevercreech Junction another S and D layout situated on a farm.
Both are 7mm scale Gauge 0 using DCC. I think I'm the only one still using DC round here but with over 40  handbuilt locomotives I cannot afford the chips....
Both layouts are excellent and occasionally are open to the public.
:thumbs:I am a member of the West Huntspill Model Engineering Society and our track is known as the S and D memorial track because it was built out of materials recovered from that railway. We are building an extension at the moment using concrete sleepers brought over from the USA during the war!.
Our station building is the original Evercreech New platform shelter which you can see on the video.
Take a look at www.westhuntspillmes.com
I shall be down there tomorrow as we have started tracklaying.
regards
Graham Powell
:thumbs: :wave: :bowdown:

welshwizard

Western Thunderer
Graham has corrected me on my mistake, i have not been to see Evercreech New but Nevercreech, all the same it was a smashing day.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi CME,  :wave:

Yes it is a stunning layout and in the best scale  8) :)), and personally I think that the number of trees and hedgerows really brings it to life. There are many layouts that are lacking only through not enough greenery. You only have to look around you to see what a green and pleasant land we live in, more so 60 odd years ago.

All the best,  Martyn.

28ten

Guv'nor
Thank you for posting the link  :thumbs: generally,  im not often impressed by layouts, but that really does do it for me.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
3 LINK said:
Hi CME,  :wave:

Yes it is a stunning layout and in the best scale  8) :)), and personally I think that the number of trees and hedgerows really brings it to life. There are many layouts that are lacking only through not enough greenery. You only have to look around you to see what a green and pleasant land we live in, more so 60 odd years ago.

All the best,  Martyn.

That stuffs us on Heyside then. ;D

T

Tinsnips

Hi chaps, Both layouts are occasionally open to the public and well worth seeing. Not only for the scenic side (which is excellent ) but the top quality trains as well. Nevercreech Junction is based on , well it had to be, Evercreech Junction and has a large viaduct at one end and a superbly modelled station complete with engine shed etc. I understand that there is another layout not far away based on the Lickey Incline but never seen that one. Unfortunately they both DCC so I don't run any of my engines.
They get a good old thrasing on DC round the garden and I'm pleased to report that the civil engineers will be having total occupation next week for some essential repairs ready for the operating season.
Can't wait..............
rgds
Graham Powell :thumbs: :wave: ;D

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
CME & Bottlewasher said:
If there were backscenes some of those shots would fool one into thinking that the model was in fact real ....
Agree that full backscenes would help, but not quite, for me... the sound effects were good, but hearing such hard-working engines just drew attention to the lack of visual smoke and steam, for me. Conversely, since real smoke and steam is so hard to scale down, I'm glad they haven't tried to add it to these models, because that really would spoil it!!
What I did like was the slow freights, not charging around like passenger expresses!!

T

Tinsnips

Cme, Will do. Nevercreech has been advertised in the RM before now. rgds
Graham

T

Tinsnips

CME, One of the operators on Evercreech New me that it might be open in April but not sure what date.
He is going to contact me. If its an open day for the public I will advise accordingly!.
rgds
Graham :thumbs:

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Tinsnips said:
CME, One of the operators on Evercreech New me that it might be open in April but not sure what date.
He is going to contact me. If its an open day for the public I will advise accordingly!.
rgds
Graham :thumbs:

Hi Graham,
I personally would be very interested in a viewing, and maybe a few of us could have a meet up and make a day of it.

ATB, Martyn  :thumbs: