Early LNWR four wheeled coaches.

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
I have had in my possession for some time some LNWR four wheeled coaches. These are very old kits but with some detailing and Painting scrub up quite nicely. The prototypes dating from 1860s-70s and to my mind are rather attractive models. As I have things to finish I thought that I would do just that.
John.IMG20240512164926.jpgIMG20240512164938.jpgIMG20240512164955.jpg

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Just interested John, do you know the origin of the kits? The 21ft van you've already done must be a Barry Jones (Modellers World), or one of the people that took them over. And Ian's example is one of his very early kits, before he changed the artwork. Are the three carriages John Dale's Old Originals?

Mike

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike , I think that they may be. They are clearly an old design, but I think that they scrub up quite nicely.
John

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Just interested John, do you know the origin of the kits? The 21ft van you've already done must be a Barry Jones (Modellers World), or one of the people that took them over. And Ian's example is one of his very early kits, before he changed the artwork. Are the three carriages John Dale's Old Originals?

Mike
Mike ,do you know when they were first made ?

Mike W

Western Thunderer
John Dale reports that I was only partially correct. He wrote:

"I never marketed the 7mm version myself I sold a copy of the artwork to Tim Hughes, he drew up a brake 3rd to go with my all 3rd and 1st/2nd comp. I've no idea when this was perhaps early 2000's."

Mike