Prototype D1200 falcon

steve73

hi, does anyone have a good quality pic of class 53 D1200 FALCON, ex works in BR blue livery. thanks

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum I hope to enjoy it. Don't worry now that you've mentioned the F* word I'm sure our resident enthusiast will no doubt be along soon to help you with your query. He seems to have a sixth sense when the name pops up.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
"Diesel" and "Blue" in the first post, will go far in WT-land. Could only be bettered by asking about a different class, like one with twin Maybachs and hydraulic transmission.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
only twice - once loudly - with UPPER CASE and a once softly softly in lower case:))

Hi Steve, welcome - as you can see, we are a bit of a mad lot - thankfully:thumbs:

cheers

Mike

Brian Daniels

Western Thunderer
Whilst we are on the subject of Falcon here does anyone know what the cab interior looked like especially the rear bulkheads? Plenty of pictures from the outside but did nobody cab it?

alcazar

Here's a link to the Falcon page on flickr. https://www.flickr.com/groups/1659129@N20/

One of the pics is of the driver's position. I have Brush drawings for that too, but not for the bulkhead. AFAIK, the bulkheads were very similar to the eventual class 47.

There are plenty of photos of Falcon in it's original liveries, ex-works etc, but once she was in blue, she wasn't much loved, so not kept particularly clean...but then...what locos were?

I also have other Brush drawings if you need them.

PS: quite a few more images if you Google Images: D1200 Falcon, 1200 Falcon or D0280 Falcon.

You just need to sort out the real ones from the model.

Seems a popular model...."O" gauge manufacturers...are you listening???

Brian Daniels

Western Thunderer
Thanks Jeff. It was one of those conversations that came up down the pub as to what the cab was like. We found one picture that gives a tantalizing glimps of one bulkhead and it does look like a 47 but you can't see the engine-room door, was it an oval like 47 or a rectangular one like a 31?