4mm Clevedon WC&PR

ullypug

Western Thunderer
Afternoon all
As some of you will know, I have a thing for the Weston, Clevedon and Portishead Railway. Having built the Weston terminus, I'm presently working on the Clevedon station and sheds.
I've had a blog for quite a while on the other place, but thought it would be good to post some pictures on here too. If I've got it right, they won't be published there!
As you can (hopefully) see, I've been playing with the static grass machine...IMG_7898.jpg
One of the line's internal use wagons on the dump road.
IMG_7892.jpg
Railcar No 5 heads for Weston

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I've had a blog for quite a while on the other place, but thought it would be good to post some pictures on here too. If I've got it right, they won't be published there.
I prefer the wagon photos over there to those over here... so what do you mean by "they will not be published there"?

regards, Graham and Barking in the yard

adrian

Flying Squad
Interesting... like the idea... so we get two and they get oodles?
It's quality not quantity that counts for me. Also I know what a hassle it can be posting on two forums so this seems a perfectly acceptable solution to me.

ullypug

Western Thunderer
Interesting... like the idea... so we get two and they get oodles?
Seems I have to go there to see what we are missing here.
This time yes. Next time who knows?
For what it's worth, the first photo on this thread was actually my favourite.

S

Simon Dunkley

Can you provide a link, so we can go there quickly, without wading through the morass?

S

Simon Dunkley

Thanks, Adrian.

Have to agree with you: what a superb layout, although one look at the control panel made me glad to have switched over to DCC!

AJC

Western Thunderer
I'm really pleased to see how well this is coming on Andrew, it's really starting to come to life and - much though I've always admired your earlier WC&P layout I think the scenic treatment on this is a great improvement (though the buildings are just as good). An idle thought; would there be any possibility of running the two layouts together at a show perhaps?

Adam

ullypug

Western Thunderer
An idle thought; would there be any possibility of running the two layouts together at a show perhaps?

It's a possibility, though not one I'm actively planning for. The two layouts couldn't be joined together as they're different heights and Weston has the integral fiddle yard for the 4th board, but I suppose they could be put up side by side and operated together. Then there's the problem that as designed, Clevedon's viewed from the north not the south as is Weston. I've built a free standing lighting rig and the backscene will be separate so it could be switched round for the odd show.

Simon

Flying Squad
That really looks the part Andrew, what a superb bit of properly focused modelling - thanks for sharing the pictures with us:thumbs:

Simon