Cleckers - 2014

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Cleckers is about to hit us - 31.05.14 - and the jungle drums are strangely quiet, are we having the customary '13.00 Test Track gathering' or will I be all by myself in a Group of 1?

cheers

Mike

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
As most of the Technical Committee seem to be on WT maybe Nick, Bob and myself could hold our own mini-meet!

You won't be on your own, Mike, but I might struggle to get away from the stand for any particular time.

Steph

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I will be there too, but I am not sure that I will still be around for a meet up at 1pm though, it will depend on how well Chris is on the day.

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
I will be there, trying not to spend too much, so will keep well clear of Big Jim etc just blinkered route to who I want to see.
Alan

Western Thunderer
I can't make it this year, my MOT ran out 2 days ago, so its going in tomorrow morn. Gutted. :(

Steve :cool:

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
I'll see those wot's there tomorrow. Please pop by the Technical Committee stand where Nick, Bob and I will be aiming to entertain the hordes. Probably.

Steph

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Unfortunately i wont be there this year:(. Hope everyone enjoys the show and dont forget the rule....post your pics of purchases:thumbs:

Rob

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
met up with Phill, Ross, Rob and wife Chris and had a good natter, also met up with Steph and Nick doing their GOG duties (the Lizzies are awesome in the flesh) as well as a whole rake of other acquaintances so it was a good job that I was only on the lookout for some DMU seating and concentric tube, nothing worth taking photos of I'm afraid Rob.

All in all a good day, lots to see and a good 150 mile round trip drive.

Gresford is next in the Diary (July 13th) and then Telford - not long to save up though as it's the wife's 70th in August - so an expensive cod and two pence worth at the local café is more than on the cards:)):thumbs:

cheers

Mike

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Had a fab day, show was on the quiet side I thought. Don't know how much of the folding stuff changed hands but neither Phill or myself spent a lot.. No boxes to sneak in :)

Nice to see Mike (ressaldar) today had a look at the pear tree wheels and they are really good.. Think we'll get them for our Peak project's (that's Lancer, Phill and myself) £5 per axle compared with £13.95 for slaters there's no comparison...
Nice to see Rob Pulham too.. Lizzies paintings are excellent too got a peek at some of her prints on canvas..
I got some lima/triang 16t minerals to tart up £5 a wagon, one has steel wheels the other 9 ill replace probably with pear tree ones too £8 a truck, got a sheet of transfers off E&T enough for them all for £1.50.. will saw off the unsightly couplings and replace them with premier components 3 links. Happy Days..

20140531_235140.jpg

Ross...

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Don't suppose anyone happened to see if JLTRT had an assembled sample of their pending Class 22?

Hi FC,

yes they had a 'mock-up' of the story so far, it is the ends seem to be causing the delay problems, there being so many alternative options/locations of virtually everything on the ends - were any two locos the same, even at both ends? The moulding/casting was up to the usual standard from JLTRT but the bogies did look strange with disc wheels in them:eek:. Phill and Ross were heading the JLTRT direction after our meet up, so they may have some more news, sorry I forgot to take any photos:oops::oops:

Laurie would not commit himself to a release date, I hope to find out some more details in a few weeks time when the Club have a visit to PW's layout booked. Before anybody askes/hints, piccies will be taken and posted.

cheers

Mike

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
We had a quick look at it and it seems nice, don't like to hang around the JLTRT stand too long.. ha ha (sorry no picture either)

Ross..

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Nice to see Ross, Mike, Rob, Chris & Steph:):thumbs:

I had a great time at the show,although no major purchases for me other than further steps towards R/C powered Warships & Westerns to go with the Hymeks at Withercombe:thumbs:

I did have a fruitless surch for suitable signals for Withercombe, but I'm sure I will be more sucsessful at Telford:thumbs:

I did come home with a few scenic bits & Plastic & Brass Section etc that I needed;)

Phill :)