Cessy-en-Bois: Une petite gare de triage

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Continuing on the French theme and adding to the weathering comments above, during this lockdown I have been tinkering away and discovered this little gem deep in a box of old model railway things from my Dad. No idea how old it is but do know my Uncle must have got it from his Father in law during the 50s and passed it on to Dad in the 60s. I do know the Hommes 40 and Cheveaux 20 was a marking from WW1. The weathering is real and I think quite subtle, sorry about the wheels and couplings but things were coarse then!!! A vintage and interesting model? Any ideas as to the make?

As I said I do like the layout and what you are doing, hope you don't mind the sidetracking maybe a bit too old for the era? I just wish the Spanish railway scene was more popular.

Attachments

• DSC_0295.JPG
    DSC_0295.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0296.JPG
    DSC_0296.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0297.JPG
    DSC_0297.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 56

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
I was captivated by the day-to-night video, and it hasn't even got any trains. It's not a modelling question, but I'd be interested to know how the panning video was done - it's very steady and looks like it must be on some sort of dolly.

Last edited:

chrisb

Western Thunderer
Thank you for the kind comments and likes.

...Any more photos, Chris ? Can't have too many photos...

I will try to do better! My focus is on video production at the moment.

...but I'd be interested to know how the panning video was done - it's very steady and looks like it must be on some sort of dolly.

I used a motorised camera slider from Rhino - I bought it a while ago and I'm not sure the exact model I have is made any more but information on a very similar model can be found here.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Thank you for the kind comments.
I used a motorised camera slider from Rhino - I bought it a while ago and I'm not sure the exact model I have is made any more but information on a very similar model can be found here.

When I filmed a bit of footage of Sheep Dip last year, the layout was on the dining table. I then popped the little tri-pod on which the camera was mounted, onto my daughters skateboard in order to follow the train as it arrived, departed etc.
I must say that the coordination required to operate the controller and roll the skateboard took a few goes...quite a few goes actually..

Rob.

Simpas

Western Thunderer
Chris,
I've just been catching up after what seems like a very long period of absence from the forum. Absolutely superb and, as someone else further back in the thread suggested, 'like' seems so inadequate - thank you. I hope to be able to see this in the flesh sometime.

Mick S.

AJC

Western Thunderer
How time flies...

A complete change in direction means I have reluctantly decided to part company with Cessy-en-Bois - if anyone is interested, please see the post in the Small Ads section if interested

That’s a disappointment (not least because I have neither the funds nor the space for it). I’ve really admired the work that you’ve put into Cessy-en-Bois and especially the superlative standard of finish. I sincerely hope that you manage to find a good home for it.

Adam