Bristol O Gauge 22nd January

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
No tinted lenses! That pair are used solely in the summer. The 50s stylee pair are for normal viewing hehe

Tom

28ten

Guv'nor
12.00?
Ill be there about 9.30. operating rather like Del boy I shall have a few bits and pieces and some brick samples to give away :)

Attachments

• IMG_4685.JPG
    IMG_4685.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 12

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
12.00?
Ill be there about 9.30. operating rather like Del boy I shall have a few bits and pieces and some brick samples to give away :)
09:30!?!?! I wasn't planning to leave the house until about then! I might turn up a little earlier then and grab a coffee - anyone know if they do a breakfast there and if it's any good?

I'll attempt to make the test track meeting at 12:00, but I do have a habit of losing track of time at these things... :)

28ten

Guv'nor
I have found parking a bit of a pain there in the past and the 'early bird' and all that. cant speak for breakfast as I always take sandwiches to these things :cool:

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer
Doors open at 9am to save queuing in the cold.Bacon rolls served while you wait.Baked potato and chilli at lunch.As us Bristolian's say "Gurt lush":p:D

regards

Rog

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Couldn't make it in the end as I spent my allowance on something at West Mersea during the week... Watch this space..

JB.

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Just back from the show, it was thoroughly enjoyable again and I managed to pick up everything I was planning on getting while I was there.

As predicted, I lost track of time and missed the meet, but bumped into several 'Thunderers' that I knew (Dan R and Bogusman among others) and met a few that I didn't (Dibateg, Purple Haze and Steph Dale), but missed the Guv somehow. I ended up on the DEMU stand all day after receiving a last minute appeal for help. A lot of people seemed interested in the 37 project, I spent a lot of time during the day chatting to many people.

A grand day out!

Simon

Flying Squad
Great show, forgot my camera so no pics - sorry.

Lots (and lots) of talking, great to meet/meet up with dibateg, dikitriki, purple haze, daifly, pugsley, guv, dan randall, steph dale, Bob, bogusman, Bulwell Hall, and others whose names/handles esacape me, sorry.

I purchased a very nice 1/32 resin cast LSWR open body from Gramodels (Graham Baker) for £12.00, good price for a neat piece of work, I'm now looking for suitable axleboxes etc with which to adorn it. Graham is interested in producing more 1/32 stuff (hooray), there was talk of a "Warflat" or "Rectank" the latter of which would especially interest me.

Introduced Cynric to the most excellent John Taylor of pantograph milling fame, which has resulted in a linked offer of assistance from both gentlemen to me to get a scale chassis built for my 28A model which I'd like to get ready for my "Pomparles Siding" appearance at RailWells in August this year.

I am therefore currently copying plans and measuring the body to send info to Cynric for stage 1 of project "get Simon out of another self dug hole" :))

Otherwise lots to see, great models, great modellers and a really nice and convenient venue.

Bookwise I picked up supplies of Noodle's new cranes book (fabulous) from Kevin Robertson and passed on various books to various people at the beginning of the show.

And I got back home in time for lunch:thumbs:

Overall congratulations and thanks to the organisers for another brilliant show!

Simon

28ten

Guv'nor
Yes, good to meet most of you. it is a really good venue, natural light and plenty of room to move, Well done to the organisers :thumbs:
Spoke to lots of people and came back with an empty box of bits :eek: plenty to think about, although I totally forgot to flog any glue stands :oops: