Bolton OGG, Anyone ?.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Well I had a great day with Ross & Steve(40126).......nice to catch up with Rob & Mike too:)........myself Ross & Steve made it to the Western Thunder meet up, but the meet up consisted of me, Ross & Steve:confused::rolleyes:

No major spends for me (well I did buy a loco at Doncaster last week) but I did manage to pick up a copy of a Bradford & Barton book that I have been after for ages:thumbs:

I really liked the new venue, but I think some of the traders are less impressed. I do think this show would be better attended if it was not so close to GOG Kettering though.

Phill :)

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,
glad you had a good show and managed to get everything on your shopping list.

I was hoping to go but i have done my back in again so i decided to give it complete rest so i can make Kettering.
Hope Ross, Phill and Steve didnt spend up as well otherwise thats serious money being spent.
Mind you Phill is a tight git, Steves always skint and Ross has a junior now to spend on so maybe it would have just been you. :)) Hope to see some pics soon of your new purchaces:thumbs:

Rob:)

Hi Rob, my purchases consisted of:

Slaters
2 packs of wagon buffer springs - for springing Parkside wagons
2 Brake standard - for a couple of the brake vans that I have in the pile.
a pack of wagon buffer heads and while I was there I swapped the S7 axles that I had advertised with the Slaters wheels (since there was no interest in them without the wheels themselves being turned).

Premier Components
2 packs of 3 link couplings
2 pack of screw couplings
1 pack of 0.7mm wire rod
1 pack of 1.6mm wire rod.

Bolton 002.JPG

Dragon Models

Bolton 004.JPG

1 L&Y 30 ton Bogie van kit
1 Caley/LMS timber and ore wagon kit - that's to go with this one that I already had...

Bolton 005.JPG

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
There are some good photos of the LYR Bogie Covered Wagon in the LYR Wagon book by Noel Coates (WSP). A copy is close at hand.

regards, Graham

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
There are some good photos of the LYR Bogie Covered Wagon in the LYR Wagon book by Noel Coates (WSP). A copy is close at hand.

regards, Graham
Thanks Graham, does it happen to mention the livery in LMS days - I am not sure whether it would be grey or bauxite? I am leaning towards grey but there is always more than an even chance of being wrong in this hobby:rolleyes:

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hi all, Had a great day did'nt buy much except for some plasticard and plastruct sections for the mk1's.. Thanks for driving Steve:thumbs: See everyone at Kettering a week on Saturday:thumbs:

Ross:D

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Guys,

Sorry that I did not make the 'official' meet up, but had to make a mercy dash home and had to call the 'out of hours' doctor to the wife - hopefully all well now.

I met Rob's painting and weathering master - Chris, and was totally knocked out by the photos that she showed me of her paintings - what a talent:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Having had to miss the 'official' meet, I was glad that I made the 'unofficia'l one and met up with Phill, Ross & Steve. Bought some wire and sheet 8 - HMRS Pressfix transfers before they all disappear - still no real news of finding a suitable replacement paper I understand.

Looking forward to Kettering in two weeks time.

regards

Mike

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike,
Sorry to hear that you had to dash off. Is Judy OK?

Where did you manage to get the transfers from? -LNER wagon ones were on my list but I didn't get them....

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

sickness continues this morning I'm afraid, but waiting for the doctor to call. Thanks for your concern.

I got the transfers from Tower Models, cannot remember if they had any LNER sheets, but would be worth a phonecall.

cheers

Mike

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Rob

I see you bought the L&Y 30t bogie van.

Are you a member of the L&Y Society? They had a review and build of this van in their latest mag.

Richard

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob

I see you bought the L&Y 30t bogie van.

Are you a member of the L&Y Society? They had a review and build of this van in their latest mag.

Richard
Hi Richard, no sadly not I just liked it for it's "unusualness" I only realised that Dragon had done it when having a look on the website for the second timber and ore wagon to make up a pair. I went along with the view that if it looked as good in the flesh as the photos showed I would invest in one.
I also plan to get one or more of the D&S NER Road vans which are similar in appearance. I had a quick look over the instructions this morning and read that it was vacuum fitted so I have answered my own question re the LMS livery.

Western Thunderer
Had a good time at bolton, But my lad got a bit bored around 2pm, A small venue. Was nice to meet Rob for the first time & with Mike (always a pleasure, Hope the wife getting better soon). Only purchases were, another lima mineral in green & a MR van £5 each & some jars of paints.

Really enjoyed half an hour with Barry Oliver, Leeds model club, showing weathering techniques. My lad was learning weathering :thumbs:

Thanks to Ross & Phill too for a great day out. :thumbs:

Looking forward to Kettering now.

Steve :cool:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Steve,

many thanks for the kind thoughts, but unfortunately, she is still quite under the weather and no sign of the sun breaking through yet either.

cheers

Mike

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
This morning's post has prompted me to add a last note to this thread.

When I met Phill and Ross at the bring and buy Chris and I were just on our way to Skytrex to talk to them about a building (water tower) that I was struggling to get to go together. We had mentioned it to Skytrex at last year's Bolton show that the sides didn't quite match up and he explained that it may be that sides and end from two different moulds had been mixed up. He said to bring it along to a show and he would have a look for me. This was the first show that we have attended that Skytrex were at since then.

We had taken the top (the tank itself) along too (which Chris has nicely painted and weathered) and he had a go at assembling it onto the tank as it should go and quickly agreed that his original thought was correct. At this point I thought that he was going to offer us another kit or base parts. What he did was take our name and address and the parts that we had taken along and said that he would assemble another base to fit our top and post it back to us.
That was what arrived in the post this morning so I have to commend them for not only owning the problem but acting quickly to sort it out once we brought it along to show them.

So thumbs up for Skytrex:thumbs::thumbs:

This is the offending article restored.

SkytrexWaterTower001_zpsde70adfd.jpg

SkytrexWaterTower002_zpse9aa051e.jpg

SkytrexWaterTower003_zps2d5a3506.jpg