7mm Bleddfa Road

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Morning Geoff,

Gordon provides me with much inspiration. His new French layout is, even in it's infancy, already looking utterly superb.

Rob.
Morning Rob,

Gordon's modelling is amazing, he's also a lovely chap to boot, no doubt his latest creation will soon be gracing the pages of MRJ.

Geoff

Geoff

Western Thunderer
The photos are very lovely, Geoff, the whole article a most absorbing and interesting read - well done!
Thank you Tim, you are most kind.:)

I wrote the article six months ago and took close on sixty photos for Barry (Norman). I have no idea which ones he selected so I am eagerly awaiting my copy to drop through the letterbox.

Merry Christmas,
Geoff

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Lovely to see your layout in MRJ 300 Geoff.
Fantastic palette of colour and texture as always.

I started having visions of Terriers, careworn WC&PR stock and decrepit permanent way in 7mm.
I must resist...
Thank you Andrew.

That 7mm itch of yours is going to need scratching soon, resistance is futile so why not have a little dabble and see where it takes you ;)

No you shouldn't!
I was about to type 'Oh no he should' seeing as it is panto season :rolleyes:

Geoff

ullypug

Western Thunderer
Andrew
I agree with Alan's post, you should not.
My version of Ebdon Road for the Colonel Stephens MuseumView attachment 205163View attachment 205164View attachment 205165
Hesperus (not at Ebdon Road just a short display board)

Hope these are of interest and will encourage you.
Regards
Allen
Those are very nice models Allen.
I built one of the small tractors for the WC&PR group but it was stolen off their display stand
Whats the origin of the Hesperus loco?

Allen M

Western Thunderer
Whats the origin of the Hesperus loco?
Hello Andrew
I got the kit from
Redcraft Ltd
redcraftengineering@outlook.com
Last I heard only the etchings are available but no castings. The only real problem would be the firebox. Sand and tool boxes should be available from some were or even made. I used brass dome & safety valve and modified chimney.
There used to be an advert in G0G Gazette but not in the last couple. Sorry best I can do.
The kit was an original Gateneil, via Home-of-O-gauge from must be 40 years ago. Goes together like many from that time.
I have photos of the construction.

Regards
Allen

P.S. I am a life member of the WC&PR Group

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Just a brief update whilst I ponder what to do next, at the moment I have several ideas floating around in my head. One involves making a few small changes to the scenery, something like this.

PhotoFunia-1706456064.jpg

The idea is to open up the scene by modelling a small copse of saplings, which will enable more of the backscene to be viewed through their branches.

PhotoFunia-1706358074.jpg
More planting is under consideration for this area as well, and I'm also considering revamping an old project from my 4mm scale modelling days

P1160468.jpg

This part built EM diorama, which still exists was my insurance policy should Bleddfa Road have come to nothing, A 7mm scale version of this simple scene really appeals to me, and would represent the fictional engine shed at Prestiegn, this would be the view looking toward the town. A pair of short cassettes would be provided at both ends to allow trains to run through the scene

Anyway returning to Bleddfa Road it is now 1964 and the future of the line is very much in doubt, the pick up goods now only runs as required.

P1200628~2.jpg

1455 was in charge today and was captured on film as she leaned into the siding loop curve.

P1200604~2.jpg

In a last ditch attempt to save the passenger service to Kington an AC Cars Railbus was recently tested on the branch.

P1200608~2.jpg

Here she is again preparing to return to Kington from a deserted Bleddfa Road on a typical grey Marches day.

Geoff