Berlin Anhalter station (Berlin-Basel-Milano 1930's) - HO.

adrian

Flying Squad
Every now and again something interesting pops up whilst flicking through youTube and this is no exception.

It's early days yet but this recreation of Berlin Anhalter station is looking incredible. The detail and thought that has gone into it so far is fantastic, some of his earlier videos on the track laying and painting is very informative. All with a relaxing musical score, definitely one to watch.

ICH60

Western Thunderer
It is impressive modelling. Also I am appreciative he does English versions of the videos. As you say well worth the watch

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
Bit of a rabbit hole with this one too, not only watching more of his content but researching the prototype and then onto Google maps seeing what is left ;)

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
A very instructive and delightful programme. What a pity the prototype was heavily damaged in the following conflict in the 1940's. Photographs in the book 'Verbotene Eisenbahn' by Gunter Meyer, taken by the author in 1957 and 60 show the buildings still in a state of total disrepair at that time although the track does seem to be in place to some degree.
Roger.

Last edited:

Neil

Western Thunderer
Stunning stuff; I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have what's required to take on such an epic build.

simond

Western Thunderer
Whilst the scope is epic, I think the methodical approach is instructive.

Well, to someone as chaotic as me, at any rate.

And the results speak for themselves.

HNY
Simon

Tim Birch

Western Thunderer

HNY
Simon
I agree. It makes me think about the benefits not just of a methodical approach, but also a clean and precise method of working. Something for me to aspire to rather than getting depressed by the usual shambles of my work space.

James Spooner

Western Thunderer

HNY
Simon
I agree, it is almost modelling on an industrial scale. The use of so many templates and spacers is definitely instructive as it has enabled him to consistently replicate identical items. Note to self…

Nigel

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
A rabbit hole indeed, I can see where my bank holiday's going...fabulous stuff.

What seems most surprising to me is that he appears to have been working in isolation from other modellers for 20 years.

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
I've watched a bit more and it's fascinating stuff. His methods are quite a mix and some are pretty unconventional - I can't see PowerPoint usurping Templot as a layout planner any time soon, but using Excel to produce weathered brickwork (indeed, most of the interior of his inspection pits) was masterful!