7mm Stanier 3P 2-6-2

P A D

Western Thunderer
Peter,

The Stanier Cl.3 tank is a wonderful model, beautifully painted and lined - a truly inspiring loco. I must admit, when I saw the first photo showing the lining, I thought there seemed to be too large a gap to the top of the tanks (certainly a wider gap than many other tank classes) but I see from the photo of the prototype 40157 you've got it spot on.
Dave.

Thank you Dave.

Yeah, the gap does look odd compared to other locos and I can see why you thought it was wrong.

I've made enquiries to Dianne Carney and Railtec for the plates and when I get a response I'll decide which to go for.

Cheers,
Peter

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
It is indeed a handsome looking loco, Pontypool Road had a pair on its books in 1959 after they was transferred from Abergavenny shed on its closure in 1958

P A D

Western Thunderer
Here's the 3P after a coat of Tamiya semi gloss varnish dirties with a little matt black airbrushed 1:1 Tamiya thinners.
20230731_110859.jpg

20230731_110812.jpg

20230731_110754.jpg

The brass and copper work needs further toning down as does the offer beams. I'm having a couple of days off so that will be later in the week.
20230731_110735.jpg

Cheers,
Peter

P A D

Western Thunderer
Thanks Tony,
Yes it's a shame we didn't cross paths at Guildex. If you wanted a 3P David Hill will be bringing it out as a full kit in the near future. I might have another one myself.
Cheers,
Peter

Genghis

Western Thunderer
If you wanted a 3P David Hill will be bringing it out as a full kit in the near future.
Probably not quite that soon! The revised etches are being printed now. Then we have the castings to source and the instructions to write ..........

Laurie Griffin does the backhead casting and components for this and LG has agreed to supply them for these kits. There are certain other lumps (chimney, dome, top feed ...... ) that will need to be produced. I am hoping this will all be done by Spring.

David