403 Forbidden

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
I use Firefox most of the time (Win10 and Android) and it has always worked fine with WT. I've just updated my Win10 machine to have Firefox version 109.0 (64-bit). I suggest try deleting all of the cookies from the site; I do this for all sites from time to time.

Stephen Freeman

Western Thunderer
I use Firefox most of the time (Win10 and Android) and it has always worked fine with WT. I've just updated my Win10 machine to have Firefox version 109.0 (64-bit). I suggest try deleting all of the cookies from the site; I do this for all sites from time to time.
Tried that, makes no difference. Other browsers work just fine. Just any version of Firefox gets a 403 Forbidden. From which I deduce that it isn't Windows or Norton. Firefox works OK on my phone (android)

Last edited:

Nigel Cliffe

Western Thunderer
I think it must be either a configuration/preference for Firefox, or something within the computer it is running on, pointing the Firefox client to the wrong place (perhaps some sort of proxy, and the proxy is then failing to find the page ??).

I've just connected here with Firefox to read the thread and type this reply, it's not my default browser for accessing WT.
( Firefox 109.0.1 (64bit) on Windows 10. )

- Nigel

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Likewise, I use Firefox all the time without issue. However I do clear my cache from time to time to remove cookies and searches.

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
Stephen, when I click on the link in your signature, my browser tries to go to www.borg-rail.com, and the browser returns a message Server Not Found. Supposing you host your site on a machine at home (a guess), maybe there is a problem common to both Firefox/WT and your web site.

Stephen Freeman

Western Thunderer
Stephen, when I click on the link in your signature, my browser tries to go to www.borg-rail.com, and the browser returns a message Server Not Found. Supposing you host your site on a machine at home (a guess), maybe there is a problem common to both Firefox/WT and your web site.
Sorry, the only reason you are seeing that is probably because you need to clear your cache as you are seeing an historic version, I changed that a few days ago before you tried the link.

Martin Shaw

Western Thunderer
This has become an issue for me as well, sometime late yesterday. I get a Forbidden response using Firefox on a Windows 10 PC, where as I am currently addressing WT via Firefox on an Android tablet, where its obviously fine. The PC is fine on everything else I ask of it, odd that WT is a singular problem. I have done all the obvious housekeeping . Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Rob R

Western Thunderer
It has just happened to me on the pc. (Win 7)
Ok about an hour ago and now "Forbidden 403"
Running ok on Chrome so maybe time to ditch the Firefox.

GWR Jim

Western Thunderer
My laptop has gone into the 403 Forbidden stuff. I'll watch with interest. This just after a Firefox update. PC still running Firefox/Wt ok!!

ChrisBr

Western Thunderer
that was from Chrome on W10 (no access issues)
I get this from Edge on same machine -
Expires on
Wednesday, 15 March 2023 at 23:59:59

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
I have now encountered this issue on my laptop (Win 11). This is following the latest Firefox upgrade.

However my mobile and tablet which both run Firefox are OK.

As the WT site cannot be accessed by Firefox I wonder if there is a proxy/ security/access setting in XenForo which may require updating.

In the meantime I'll dive into my laptop security/firewall to see if the Windows and Firefox updates have tripped something up.

Edit - just looked up the 403 error and it appears in most cases it's the host server which in turn would imply a setting may have to be updated at the WT end for Firefox (PC) users and users accessing via a VPN.

The last thing I want to do is change browsers...

Last edited:

J_F_S

Western Thunderer
I have been locked out all day but now suddenly all is. I did nothing (except wait!). I am in Firfox on Windows 7

Cheers,
Howard

Edit I meant Furfox of course ...