2mmfs Kyle Of Lochalsh (an Extract)

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Been quite of late at Kyle as have been getting stuck back in again on my 2mmFS Coombe Junction - Moorswater layout...well that is, until I collect my 7mm track goodies from the UK next month...;)

To help try and capture some details on KoL when I was building it, I purchased a copy of the Michael Palin Rail Journeys DVD and the short sequences were very helpful in terms of paint colours and details etc. I took a couple of 'stills' from the TV with my iPhone rather than drive my wife mad by continually re running the DVD. There was one image which I always quite liked namely...

KoL 26 MP.jpg

And I thought it would be quite fun to try and recreate that pic from my model as best as I could manage. I swapped the Scottish blue sign for a swiftly made BR black and white one and took a few pics of varying angles which gave this:

Kyle new.jpg

The colour of the Dapol BR Blue is not as good as the Farish (for me) and the open window to the Mk I was added after someone pointed it out to me. So while I was in 'Irfanview' software mode, I applied a touch of pale blue to the WC and applied the blurred motion effect on it giving this:

Kyle newist.jpg

The two can be seen together on the PDF I have uploaded but couldn't get to show on here.

As I said, just for fun really...:cool:

Attachments

• Kyle 26 + 26.pdf
    112.7 KB · Views: 8
S

SteveO

Haha! That's clever Pete. There should be a competition based on this. Personally, I'd choose the day after D800 was unveiled as it pulled a rake of blood & custard coaches back toward Paddington. The perfect loco and perfect coach livery!

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
The thing that strikes me is the difference between real and model window shapes

Assume you are referring to the Mk I coach window Guv? I wondered whether its because the photo of the prototype is slightly lower than the model...or some sort of camera distortion on the width?...

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Hi Pete, just signed up to this bunch of lunatics... are we alone on here?

No, a whole heap of lunatics are watching your every move.

Being sensible for a mo.... you could start a "2mm modeller's virtual meet" on WT by creating a suitable thread under the "Talk" heading.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
... I wonder what Lego might make of some of our abuse of their figures (other bricks are available).
Not my fault if they make some that bear more than just a passing resemblance to certain Members - and you haven't seen the special "Captain Green" Figure we as Admin had ready to use as Mr Iploffy's Avatar..:D but we spared him that much humiliation....
... although if he's ever naughty.....;)

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Not my fault if they make some that bear more than just a passing resemblance to certain Members - and you haven't seen the special "Captain Green" Figure we as Admin had ready to use as Mr Iploffy's Avatar..:D but we spared him that much humiliation....
... although if he's ever naughty.....;)

I double dog dare ya! You know you wanna :eek: :p:D