2mmfs Coombe Junction - Moorswater (an Extract)

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Update

Having relocated with the family back in the UK at the end of July this year I thought I had better update that sadly the layout is no more due to space downsizing. Tough decisions had to be made (on all my layouts) although I did manage to keep the viaduct and dries area buildings should I get another chance to rebuild the layout some day.

I should just like to say thank you for all the support and enthusiasm that I received on the project since I joined the forum.

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Sorry to hear that Pete :(
Alongside Jerry and John Greenwood, I blame you and your layouts for my dabbling in 2mmFS, I do hope Kyle survived the downsizing....
Have a belated welcome back to the UK from me :)
Steve

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Pete, pity about the layouts but there are bound to be more to look forward to. Your 2mm models are amongst the most convincing around, really capturing the atmosphere of the locations with nothing to give away the tiny size. You can add me to the list of people you have lead astray to dabble in 2mmFS. Now we just need to return the favour and shift your 7mm dabblings to Scale7 and see what interesting things eventuate.

Good to see you posting again.

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Sorry to hear that Pete :(
Alongside Jerry and John Greenwood, I blame you and your layouts for my dabbling in 2mmFS, I do hope Kyle survived the downsizing....
Have a belated welcome back to the UK from me :)
Steve

Thanks Steve - very nice of you to say so - Kyle sort of survived without the fiddle yard...so stripped back again to the scenic bit...thought I might be able to bring them along some time to a 2mmFS meet...at present, it remains bubbled wrapped...somewhere ;)

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Pete, pity about the layouts but there are bound to be more to look forward to. Your 2mm models are amongst the most convincing around, really capturing the atmosphere of the locations with nothing to give away the tiny size. You can add me to the list of people you have lead astray to dabble in 2mmFS. Now we just need to return the favour and shift your 7mm dabblings to Scale7 and see what interesting things eventuate.

Good to see you posting again.

Many thanks also for the kind words Overseer.

Am building the turnouts to 31.5mm...I get confused between all the sub division of gauges :eek:

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Thanks Steve - very nice of you to say so - Kyle sort of survived without the fiddle yard...so stripped back again to the scenic bit...thought I might be able to bring them along some time to a 2mmFS meet...at present, it remains bubbled wrapped...somewhere ;)
Ah, much better than I feared then Pete, at least the pretty part survives :) If nothing else it will always look good with stock posed on it - I'll look forward to seeing it in the flesh one day (hopefully I'll actually be in the country when there is a 2mmFS meet on...).
Steve

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Ah, much better than I feared then Pete, at least the pretty part survives :) If nothing else it will always look good with stock posed on it - I'll look forward to seeing it in the flesh one day (hopefully I'll actually be in the country when there is a 2mmFS meet on...).
Steve
Thanks again Steve - yes, sort of kept those few pieces as photo planks...I suspect if I get to restart CJM one day, I will want to start from scratch though...but at least I have the option.

Western Thunderer
Belated welcome back, Pete. :thumbs:

I have purchased a station building for my Kyle, from Kettering, So a bit more collected for when i start :D

Steve :cool:

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Belated welcome back, Pete. :thumbs:

I have purchased a station building for my Kyle, from Kettering, So a bit more collected for when i start :D

Steve :cool:

Thanks Steve - Still think I will start with my WR layout in 7mm...but the Scottish one will appear one day ;)