Website www.7mmlocomotives.co.uk offline

daifly

Western Thunderer
It’s sadly been unavailable for several months but I can’t throw any light on why.

If you are after anything in particular - e.g. the build photos - I have copies of most of the builds which I can provide to you.

Dave

djparkins

Western Thunderer
Hi,

I noticed that http://www.7mmlocomotives.co.uk/ is offline. Does anybody have information what happened to this very valuable site?

Michael

As some of you will know Simon has had at least one stroke and this has affected him badly. It might be that the site will not re-appear, or the modern wagon kits he was working on. We shall have to see.

He lost heart in the kits after showing the pre-production builds of the bogies on this forum and having them labelled as too complex. I am trying to help him bring these kits to market, as I myself wouldn't be phased by any such criticism - being the sensitive wallflower that I am! We shall see. It would be a crying shame to see such quality work go to waste.

Most importantly though, my main hope is that his condition does not deteriorate still further.

DJP/MMP

Last edited:

michael080

Western Thunderer
Dave/David,

thanks for the reply, although the news is quite sad. Being a big fan of MMP kits, I have always used this site as an extended kit documentation. It's a pity that such valuable information can simply vanish. If any of you has contact to Simon, send him my best wishes. I volunteer to provide server space, bandwidth and labor to transfer this site to a new base and make it available for the next couple of years.

Michael

djparkins

Western Thunderer
Dave/David,

thanks for the reply, although the news is quite sad. Being a big fan of MMP kits, I have always used this site as an extended kit documentation. It's a pity that such valuable information can simply vanish. If any of you has contact to Simon, send him my best wishes. I volunteer to provide server space, bandwidth and labor to transfer this site to a new base and make it available for the next couple of years.

Michael

Thank you Michael,

I'll pass this on to Simon. Though I think he wants to try to restore matters himself if he can ever feel up to it.

Regards

DJP

djparkins

Western Thunderer
An update -

I have spoken with Simon this morning and things are in hand to bring back the online resource of the galleries from his 7mm locomotives web site. The site itself will not reappear. This will most likely be within the context of a new web site and not include any other content from the original site. In any case I imagine it was the build galleries that people most wanted to view. The bad news is that this might take a few months to sort!

There may also be movemement on resurrectiong the work on his modern wagon kits & parts and completing them in order that these can be brought to market. Again - it will not happen overnight.

DJP/MMP

Brian McKenzie

Western Thunderer
A web archive, known as the WAYBACKMACHINE says it has saved this site 93 times between February 9, 2007 and May 4, 2021.

Wayback Machine

I screen grabbed this page as of the last date. Haven't checked the number of pages visible, but hopefully much can still be downloaded from this archive's many recorded visits.
Building O Gauge Online.jpg

Brian McK.

adrian

Flying Squad
A web archive, known as the WAYBACKMACHINE says it has saved this site 93 times between February 9, 2007 and May 4, 2021.

Wayback Machine

I screen grabbed this page as of the last date. Haven't checked the number of pages visible, but hopefully much can still be downloaded from this archive's many recorded visits.
View attachment 150118

Brian McK.
I've already tried it - unfortunately it has saved only the first page of the various galleries, but none of the subsequent pages. Also it's only the thumbnail images and none of the full images.

daifly

Western Thunderer
See my post #2. I have full images of most of the builds with accomanying texts. PM me if you need anything.
Dave