7mm West Mersea?

Alan

Western Thunderer
Does anybody remember a layout clled Weat Mersea that was being built in Scale 7 I think down in Sudbury in Suffolk. Some of the Love Lane crew had something to do with it. I visited it one Sunday afternoon10-12 yeras ago. If my remembering is correct what happened to it, is it still being built?

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
'West Mersea' was never continued with or completed. Sudbury was the original base for the 'Love Lane' crew as we are known. Peter Hunt who held the meetings there had decided that he couldn't continue holding the meetings and at the same time the 'crew' members were concentrating on the beginnings of Love Lane which eventually found a new home base.
Peter has sold up and moved out of the county and as far as I know the remains of West Mersea were skipped.
Peter had built some superb so called 'mock ups' of the buildings that were going to populate the layout and fortunately these have been saved by a fellow member of our group.
Here is a glimpse of the layout but it's all I have. The loco is an LNER E4 that at the time I was building for Michael Brooks. The loco is now in the hands of a member of the East Anglian S7 group.
E4 build. 6.JPG

Col.

Last edited:

Alan

Western Thunderer
Thanks Col. I did enjoy my visit there. I brought a couple of mates with me, all at the time modelling 'OO' but now we are all modelling in 7mm.