Welcome to the MRJ Cameo Competition

cbrailways

Western Thunderer
Hi Adrian (and other MODS), I would like to post a link to my main layout thread 7mm - Blackbridge Town Riverside Can you please make an entry in the Cameo Layouts Entries section for me? I don't want to duplicate the topic there but only add the link to the main topic.

PaulR

Western Thunderer
Hi,

Me too - I've entered the competition now, could you set it up so that I can start a thread in the 'Entries' section.

Cheers, Paul

adrian

Flying Squad
Me too - I've entered the competition now, could you set it up so that I can start a thread in the 'Entries' section.
Hi, give that a go now you should be able to start a thread. please let me know if there are any problems.

Richard H

Western Thunderer
Welcome to the part of Western Thunder that Adrian has kindly made available for entries to and discussion of the Cameo layout creating competition announced in Model Railway Journal issue 254.

Timing

Please note that the competition timing has been extended to allow more time for entrants. The final display of winning and shortlisted entries will now take place at "Railex" in Aylesbury in May of 2019 rather than 2018 as originally announced.

Entering the competition

All competition entries need to be registered using the form provided and all entries need to be received on or before Saturday 23rd September 2017. Completed entries may be emailed or sent by post, email to cameocomp@wildswanbooks.co.uk or post to WSB Cameo Competition, 3aUpper Lambridge Street, Larkhall, Bath, BA1 6RY.

Rules

Each entrant needs to have purchased a copy of Iain Rice's "Creating Cameo Layouts" published by Wild Swan Books, which describes in detail what a "Cameo Layout" is in the context of this competition, in addition to providing ideas and source material for would be Cameo builders.

Judging

The competition will be judged by Iain Rice, Gordon Gravett and Chris Nevard, initially using material submitted by entrants by means of written or electronic media, including threads on this forum. It is hoped to include actual viewing of entries by one or more judges for as many entries as possible, particularly after initial shortlisting. Entries need, for all practical purposes, to be completed before and in time for potential exhibition in May 2019 at Railex in Aylesbury.

Entry form attached below.

Simon Castens and Iain Rice April 2017

Hello,
I've just posted a query to the main forum issues page, but I suspect I should have posted it here - sorry! I need advice, please, on how to set up a thread as a log of my cameo competition entry. I seem to need more privileges than I have. I sent my entry form by post on Monday 9th.
Thanks, Richard H

2 hours later, and Adrian has solved my problem - I've just posted my introductory account of The Low Quay Yard. Thanks, Adrian!

Last edited:

jonte

Western Thunderer
Hi Adrian

Just some advice, please, if I may.

I forwarded my application for the competition yesterday. Will I receive notification as to whether my entry has been accepted or not?

If or when I do receive notification, how do I go about starting a thread?

Many thanks in anticipation of your invaluable assistance,

Jon (jonte)

Western Thunderer
I like Jonte, would be keen to know if there is a notification of acceptance, of course I appreciate there may have been a deluge of entries which would make response difficult.

Tony

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi - I'm not sure what notifications are given are planned, that's maybe something @Simon can cover.

In terms of creating threads in the competition area then I'll take you at your word that an entry has been submitted and so you both, Jon and Tony, should now have access to create a new thread in that area. If there are any problems then please let me know.

Adrian

Dave L

Adrian, I know I'm a little late to starting a thread but I did submit my application before the deadline passed last year. I'm now in a position to start a thread, if I could be allowed the new post privilege.

Many thanks
Dave l

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi, no problem. You should have access now to post a thread. The more the merrier, I look forward to seeing what you do. I've never been brave enough to work to a deadline!

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Hi all.

Would like to post a couple of threads regarding my entries x 2.

Mutton is essentially complete with Bleat Wharf in progress.

Rob.