7mm Watery Lane

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Well the best laid plans of the BLUE brigade blown again, my afternoon nap went on till 2000 whoops, the BLUE fish plate ceremony will have to wait:(

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Well the best laid plans of the BLUE brigade blown again, my afternoon nap went on till 2000 whoops, the BLUE fish plate ceremony will have to wait:(
Now that is a serious "afternoon nap"...:eek: hope the "Gone for Tiffin" Sign was up....;)

"... Up The Khyber"... one of my all-time favourite Comedy Films... especially the Dinner Party Under Fire scene...:))

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
It's called having a good wife, for some instinctive reason she leaves me asleep takes the baby downstairs feeds her cooks my dinner and re-heats it for me when I wake up. What a wonderful wife (she even bought me a Deltic).
Tiffin don't drink tea just coffee
Ian

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Well I have done a little bit, whilst dodging the spots of rain. Progress to dateDSCF1324.JPGDSCF1325.JPGDSCF1326.JPGDSCF1327.JPGDSCF1328.JPGDSCF1329.JPG

And finally can I have your thoughts on the addition of a set of points to be able to gain access from the up main to the SDG's at WL without going through the points by where the SB is, do you think it is too muchDSCF1332.JPG

28ten

Guv'nor
I would have thought that if you have an open day and lots of visitors you could be very glad of the extra set of points, even if it is just to hold stock

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
WOW Thats some progress Ian:bowdown:. Very good. Is it going to be two continuous circuits ? with loops / sidings.
And you have got into the shed:thumbs:. Looking great. Just think of all those BLUE diesels running. Mmmmmmm nice one. Look forward to a running session:thumbs:

Rob

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
And finally can I have your thoughts on the addition of a set of points to be able to gain access from the up main to the SDG's at WL without going through the points by where the SB is, do you think it is too muchView attachment 11144
Extra sidings wouldnt go a miss :).......where is the SB ?

I like the sweeping curves in the last lot of pics :thumbs:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Progress but no pictures I am afraid, The loop is complete but with problems, the lift out section curve is too sharp and will need to be eased(we knew this and put it on the to do list) and where the track enters the shed at the top of the garden it looks too sharp and the bogie stock seems to lock whilst traversing it, little points but I will attend to them tomorrow.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I would have thought that if you have an open day and lots of visitors ...
If there's an Open Day I can come and pollute the layout with White & Red locos, and rolling stock that can get around sharp curves....:p :D :D :D

... so long as it's old 12v DC, of course...:oops::(

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
The next few pictures are of the ends of the Lift out section and Phill's idea of tubes to hold everything in shapeDSCF1340.JPG
DSCF1342.JPG
This is the compromise to get 6ft curves inDSCF1339.JPG

Comedy soldering Jordan style seriously though I had to fillet the gap between the rail and copperclad It worked though

The 3 coaches that can be seen at JLTRT Mk1's these are the test coaches, they ride just like the real thing and will show up ANY bad sections of track they are very particular!!!!!!11

Ian

marsa69

Western Thunderer
What radius did you use on the inside Ian? Was it the 6ft with the tremmel to set the outer loop?