Warley show finished in present form

Allen M

Western Thunderer
They where at the now gone Harry Mitchell Centre from about 1970, there is some information in the club history on their web site.
I was there in, I think 1972 but may have been 73 with my Witts End Light Railway. An invitation to Warley in those days was the modelers equivalent of a knight-hood.
Regards
Allen
P.S. There open day tomorrow (18th) and intend to visit during the afternoon.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I'll bet the press haven't reported the new Birmingham exhibition, and if they have it won't be with the relish that they reported the loss of the Warley Show. I've given up believing anything in newspapers (and most of the TV) and will continue to operate a virtual boycott until (if ever) some sense of balance and/or proportionality returns.

Brian

Andrew

I'll bet the press haven't reported the new Birmingham exhibition, and if they have it won't be with the relish that they reported the loss of the Warley Show. I've given up believing anything in newspapers (and most of the TV) and will continue to operate a virtual boycott until (if ever) some sense of balance and/or proportionality returns.

Brian
Well said Brian.

Andrew

Western Thunderer

Brian
What is news?

Two definitions:

It’s a contraction of ‘bad news’. Alternatively, ‘something someone doesn’t want you to know’.

Everything else is public relations, not news.