Just for a laugh

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
PLEASE NOTE:- I have blatantly copied this joke from Over There....*

Neighbour's cheeky little brats have just challenged me to a water fight! Thought I'd post this while I wait for the kettle to boil.....

:)) :)

* EDITED. Just to make it absolutely utterly and totally clear exactly what I meant!!!! :rolleyes: :headbang:

Last edited:

daifly

Western Thunderer
Where the hell is "Over There" ?
It has become a tradition over many years that savvy WTers refer to the website with missing photos as 'over there' in the same way that 'another place' or 'the other place' is a term used to describe the other House in Parliament. By convention, members of the Lords do not mention the Commons by name - and MPs do not refer directly to the House of Lords when they are speaking in the Chamber.

Dave

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Where the hell is "Over There" ?

It has become a tradition over many years that savvy WTers refer to the website with missing photos as 'over there'
Sorry, yes, as many of us are members of both WT & RMweb, it became a sort of 'short hand' expression when sharing info or whatever from RMweb to say "over there" instead of "over on RMweb", or even just "on RMweb" which ironically is actually less letters to type. :)
A bit like other early WT Traditions that unfortunately became frowned upon & killed off by the more influential Serious Squad, such as The Back of the Class, The Blue Brigade, and the briefly non-existant but highly successful Armchair Modeller magazine. Of these, only the Back of the Class clings on as best it can....

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Thanks for the explanations and typical "humorous" remarks, it still doesn't explain the comment "Blatently copied from over there" which if directed at my post (now removed) is a lie.
:rolleyes: I blatantly copied the joke I posted in my post, about boiling the kettle!!!!

Nothing to do with you or your post at all..!!!!! :headbang:

Last edited:

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
A bit like other early WT Traditions ... such as The Back of the Class...
The last time that I visited there was no one there - I got the impression that those long-standing members of the back of the class had accepted that other WTers were of the opinion that those "back-of-the-class" peeps were worthy of a seat closer to the front row.:thumbs: