NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Will overhead wires start appearing? :)

Found this among other things. kleine Südböhmen-Runde

Thanks Dave. Nice photos of the branch therein. Slapy is a great wayside station. That and Sudoměřice u Bechyně offer exactly the inspiration needed. Both have run down industries adjacent to the station as does Bechyně itself.

I'm not really into electrics so my homage may well be simply diseasals. I have a suitable station building courtesy of Faller which could be set in a woody enviroment.

Rob

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Myst admit, I'd avoid Prague centre if I was on two wheels. Cobbles+Tramtracks+wet/damp day is very unfriendly to motorbikes.

Outside of that, Czech is a great country to explore on two wheels. Did it in 2011. One of many high lights was whilst sat in a cafe on the town square in Tabor. We saw an old boy approach the Triumph. He had a good look, walking around and around it and then he looked at us, spotted the helmets and came over. His English wasn't the best but who am I to criticise. It was a million times better than my Czech but the Memsahib took over and interpreted.
He loved the Triumph. Turns out he'd travelled to East Germany in 1964 to see the ISDT. He vividly remembered seeing Steve McQueen on his Triumph. We had a great chat before he bid us farewell.

picture_330.jpg
(François Gragnon)

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Hmmmm....nice to see the trams appearing Rob...and keeping to the Gerry Anderson theme "Anything can happen in the next half hour......"
Looking forward to seeing more of Project W.
All the best
Julian