The Pulham's N Gauge Layout

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi All,

I finally managed to get around to taking some video of our N Gauge efforts that we have at the holiday cottage. This is the first layout that I have built since I was 17, so many years ago.........

I am sure I may have a few photos of construction somewhere if there is any interest?

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
That looks like a lot of fun and ideal for chilling out to running a few trains whilst enjoying a glass of something suitable.
I do like N gauge and whilst I have decided that it is too small for me personally I enjoy the possibilities that the scale offers.
I built an N layout a few years back which like you was the first that I had started from scratch and (almost) brought to completion since my teens.
Really enjoyed the scenics and buildings far more than I expected as I'd always concentrated on the locos and stock.

I am sure I may have a few photos of construction somewhere if there is any interest?
Yes please!

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Thanks Christopher, I have to be honest and say that the scenics are all down to Chris my wife. I built all the buildings - houses, engine shed etc. but Chris painted them and did al the ground works,.

Simon

Flying Squad
Great fun, I like the church on the hill too - can't beat a bit of "verticality":thumbs:

Embedded videos, now there's an idea - must dig out that mini cam thing again....

Simon

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I used to dabble in N too :) I had yet another version of Ashburton in the corner of my bedroom when I was at school.......I still do like the scale very much, it has great potential for indoor layouts IMO ;)

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Thanks guys,

It's all loosely based on Goathland and Gromont with a huge slice of modellers license. I will dig out the photo's and post them.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Chris and I were a little emotional tonight when this layout left us - we had a trip back up to Saltburn so a gent from Gateshead could come and pick it up.

Not having any interest via forum small ads, I put it on eBay.
I have to say I have never had as much interest in anything I have listed on eBay - over 1300 views and 45 watchers when it closed. 4 people actually wanting to buy it (one of those came in with an offer via RMweb a couple of days ago so he was too late).

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
I sold my old N gauge layout via a forum a while back; first guy to contact me actually came and bought it.
Kind of sad to see it go even though I no longer wanted it so I can fully understand where you are coming from :(