7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Pontycwm, Newton Mills and St Stephens Bank

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
More bushes and scrub added today, Still waiting on a delivery from Polák and MBR. Unfortunately taking a lot longer these days getting parcels from Europe.

Out of interest Steve, are you finding any extra charges are now being added to the products you are having posted in from Europe?

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
As of yet no, I’m awaiting a delivery from Polak that’s taking some time and another large order from MBR, the last came through with no additional costs. I’ve also got a consignment of 1/43rd scale bricks coming from Hungary that was posted over a week ago so there’s a chance I may get stung on one of these.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Back on to the trees today, I’ve wanted to do an Ivey covered dead tree for a while and the superb Ivey from mininatur is perfect for the job, I also added some more sea foam to the last two trees I was working on cut and shaped it a bit more and covered in foliage, which I’ve promptly ran out of again the one needs another going over.
8E01F774-4C86-43EA-824B-2093805A52FD.png DDB507A9-5C3A-4099-84D9-577B19780FA0.jpeg C3AB9FB8-92B2-45A3-AC59-D093863E7325.jpeg

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Steve,
I must say, the trees with the main trunk and branches made from off-cuts from real trees have a natural look that twisted wire armatures struggle to match. Very nice indeed. I wonder if it would work in 4 mm scale if one used finer cuttings?
Dave.