Some info needed

PeteB

Hi All

I have a K.M.R 4-4-0 class 4p engine and tender. It belonged to my late Farther and I'm unable to find anything about it. Does anybody know anything about K.M.R. I'm guessing it's early 1950s the track gauge is 16.5mm, so HO or OO.
It's still in it's box, but does need a bit of attention.

Thanks

Pete

PeteB

Hi Chris

Thank you sooo much, it is what I have.
Thought I'd put a couple of pics of the little critter.
DSC_1665.JPGDSC_1666.JPGDSC_1667.JPG

DSC_1668.JPGDSC_1669.JPGDSC_1670.JPGDSC_1671.JPG
I also have a Tobacco tin with sleepers, connectors, springs etc for sets of points.
Just love the cute third rail insulators.
I guess this is also of the early 1950s too.

My brother was looking after it and after he passed away, Oct last year, it has come back to me. We were the only modelers in the family, so as I'm a 7mm guy, nobody within the family wants it.
I have no idea of the value, if indeed it has a value. It is missing the left hand wheel coupling rod and I guess the wheels would have to be changed to run on modern track etc.

So if anyone is interested and makes a sensible offer...... other wise I'll put it on e-bay.
I know my Dad would rather it went to a good home and be used and not spend anymore time in it's box.

Chris, Could you resend the article as It's very had to read.
Thanks again

Pete

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
There was one that sold on eBay for about £40-£50. That one was complete and painted, so I suspect you might get less.

Sorry, the image in the original source wasn't great quality and also not easy to read. Zooming in doesn't help, it's still blurry.

PeteB

Thanks Chris,
Think I'll put it back in the box for now, might have another look at it in a few years time.:(

Pete