SCALEFORUM 2024

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Excellent show.
Met loads of friends to chat and view some models, and introduced myself to Mr Pencarrow.
It did get a bit warm, but not too uncomfortable for me. Luckily managed (chance) to dodge the rain - it re-started when I was about 5 metres from the car on the way home.
Decided not to ask to run the two locos I took as the various operators seemed quite busy and intent on putting on a show. Still, they'll get a run out on Barrow Road in due course.
Some lovely layouts, including the two 7 mm scale examples, but I think, overall, my favourite was Ventnor, I've always had a soft spot for the prototype, even though I failed to visit in 1961 when I travelled over the Ryde Pierhead to Shanklin section behind those lovely O2s.
Dave.

Mike Garwood

Western Thunderer
Like Mr Holt I went to the show today. Haven't enjoyed a Scale4 show as much as I enjoyed this for a few years. The school is a fabulous venue, the catering was superb.
All the layouts were out of the top draw. Exellent work from the committee. I did like Phwelli, even tho its modern image, to me it really captured the area. ABB (Newport MRS) looked really good and yes I'm biased as it's my home club! The new row of houses really fit the atmosphere that's been created.

If you have the chance to go tomorrow, then make the effort, you won't be disappointed.

And lovely to meet Phil O. Great to put a face to a name and have a good chat.

Mike

alant

I really enjoyed my visit today even though I model in O gauge. I thought all of the layouts were top class. Thanks to all concerned.

MarkR

Western Thunderer
Just got back home having enjoyed the exhibition, although I spent too much, looking forward to Scalefour South East in mid October, better start saving.