Scaleforum 2023 - 23-24 September

Flymo748

I'm pleased to announce that at the most recent Committee meeting it was decided Scaleforum 2023 is go!

With our traditional dates of the last weekend in September, Scaleforum will be on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September 2023.

Same venue, same fantastic finescale modelling. We had such good feedback* about the modern, light and airy facilities for the show this year that we are delighted to be back at Cressex School, High Wycombe for 2023.

And with the same caterers, and their now famous "bottomless mug of tea", and delicious cakes.

IMG_5996.JPG.c4d7439ce077d6291030127850c173f4.JPG

Details of all the attractions will be posted as they are confirmed. See you there!

Best wishes,
Paul Willis
Scalefour Publicity

adrian

Flying Squad
A little out of my way ( 3 & 1/2hrs drive) but congratulations, the facilitates look superb, well lit and open atmosphere were that all exhibition were like that.

Eltel

A great pity as I would have like to come along, however our Stafford Exhibition is on the same weekend.

Flymo748

The planning for Scaleforum 2023 is well advanced...

The layout list is finalised, and the list of demonstrations and traders is being compiled. We'll be bringing more details of those nearer the date, along with tasters of many of the exceptional finescale layouts that will be on show for the weekend.

As the first "reveal", here's a shot of of a prize-winning layout that will be present. It's of "Sandford and Banwell", an exquisite slice of GWR 1930s modelling based on a prototype on the sadly lost Strawberry Line in Somerset.

Hope to see you at the exhibition to join us in admiring it! More details of the show are on the Shows page at www.scalefour.org

Scaleforum 2014 314.JPG

DavidB

Western Thunderer
The final line-up will be published in the next Scalefour News, due out late August. In the meantime, there are vacancies for an official photographer for the weekend and a few stewards. There are a few perks including free entry!

If anyone is interested, willing or you want to volunteer someone, please contact the show organiser Andrew Ockwell: scaleforum@scalefour.org

Jeremy Good

Western Thunderer
Scaleforum is now looming large with only 10 days until the doors open in High Wycombe.

The Show will feature 12 layouts as detailed above, a mix of traders, demonstrations and a return of the lectures. More details on www.scalefour.org.

As well as the variety of P4 layouts we are pleased to welcome An Clar and Tucking Mill/William Smiths Wharf in 2mm Finescale.

The highlight for many may well be the exhibition debut of Iain Rice’s home layout “Cade’s Green” which is now in the care of some of Iain’s friend who have been sympathetically updating the layout for exhibition.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Show.

Jeremy

Jeremy Good

Western Thunderer
And for those of you who want a sneak preview of one of the layouts at the show I am pleased that Wheal Elizabeth, my P4 model of a Cornish China clay branch, is featured in this months issue of BRM (along with video on the CD/e-magazine). I’ll be happy to talk to anyone about the layout at the show…

See you in High Wycombe!!

Jeremy

DavidB

Western Thunderer
Silly me. I posted the Guide on a second Scaleforum thread. Too much information of Forums! I will post it again here so it is together with the exhibition plan.

Attachments

• Guide_Scaleforum2023.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 16