Scale 7 Group Spring Meeting 29th April

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
Scale 7 Group Spring Meeting 2023​

The Spring meeting will be held at Albury Hertfordshire on Saturday 29th April. The meeting will be from 10.00 to 1600 with an entrance fee of £5.00 which will include tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day. There will be food available to purchase on the day.

This year we will have a test track which also includes a finescale loop, so bring along your models and give them some exercise.

Once again there will be the opportunity to visit the Love Lane layout, its only a very short drive from the hall. Work is taking place to expand its operational opportunities so you will be able to see the plans and progress made to date. The layout will be operational

Masterpiece Models, Home
and Intentio Model Railways Intentio | Laser cut Model Railway Kits
will have a display of their products. Masterpiece have a new rolling road and Intentio always have something new to show us

Demonstrators will include;
Mark Wood who will there to discuss wheels together with their design and production. He has a rapidly expanding range of 7mm wheels available as castings. Mark Wood Wheels site index
Colin Dowling on loco building, wheel turning and S7 loco conversions.
David Rayner, ‘Off the Rails’ will be advising and demonstrating CAD and I’m sure will be showing some new products from his 3d printed range.
The Scale 7 Stores will be in attendance for you to collect advance orders and make purchases.
The Love Lane ‘previously owned’ table will have a selection of books and assorted modelling items for sale.

The address is:

Albury Village Hall

The Bourne

Albury Herts

SG11 2JD

Albury is easily reached from either East, M11 or West, A10 and then on to the A120. There is now a by-pass around Little Hadham so avoid taking the new road and continue along the old. At the Little Hadham traffic lights, turning to the north for around 3 miles will lead to Albury Village. The Village Hall is signposted from the centre of the village. There will be a Scale 7 sign on the traffic lights and on the village signpost.

If you have any questions please contact me, details are in the S7 Newsletter or via this forum.

Tim Humphreys

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Look forward to catching up with one and all. Remember to bring any wheels that you need re-profiling, saves on the postage :D

Col.

Last edited:

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
I was returning home yesterday evening when several of the large matrix signs on the M25 and M11 caught my attention as they were warning of M11 closures next weekend.

A bit of research on one.network shows the following info:

Closure in force:28 Apr 21:00 - 1 May 05:00
Description:M11 both directions
Jct 8 to Jct 7 - carriageway closures, entry slip road closure, lane closure and diversion route due to drainage works on behalf of National Highways

The normal diversion route for these closures seems to be via A414 Harlow, A1184 Sawbridgeworth and then around the western side of Bishop's Stortford to the A120; just turn left towards Little Hadham (instead of following the diversion straight on to M11-J8) and then proceed with Tim's directions above in post #1.

And if no closures then beware of the new Junction 7A on the M11 which opened last summer. It still doesn't yet appear on many sat-nav systems...

richard carr

Western Thunderer
If it is closed (and reading that above I'm 99% certain it will be) it will add at least 30 minutes (maybe an hour) to your journey time, I know as I live by the A1184 in Sawbridgeworth, and when the M11 is closed it turns the traffic round us into a nightmare.

I would seriously consider continuing along the M25 to the A10 and then taking the A10 to the A120 and approaching from the other direction.

Richard

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Had a great day out at Albury today with Dave Summers. :)

It was nice to catch up with friends and also, to pop down the road and see “Love Lane” in action. Thanks to all concerned with organising the meeting and to the ladies in the kitchen, for the tea and snacks. :thumbs:

Regards

Dan

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
At the Albury meet this year I was handed a 4-4-0 loco chassis by someone that for the life of me I cannot remember, don't get old folks :rolleyes: :)).
As usual I didn't put a note in the book so if you are that person and your here, obviously, on WT please get in touch.

Col, ...scratching his head, hair's gone already so can't pull that out :D