7mm SARSDEN. A GWR fictitious terminus diorama layout.

John TAYLOR

Western Thunderer
The track and ballasting look excellent, John. Mind if I ask what paint colour you used on the rails?
Ian

Sorry it`s taken so long to reply Ian.....life got in the way.
Regarding the paint colour I saved a lot of time by using the three enamel track colours from Phoenix/ Precision applied with an airbrush the rails being hand painted.

John TAYLOR

Western Thunderer
Over the last few days I have reclaimed electrical track supply by carefully removing the paint from the rail heads.

I have also bedded in the cattle dock .

20210811_162920.jpg

Today my kit built GWR 1930/31 loco collection was on duty. It has been the very first track test for the railmotor.

20210811_162817.jpg

A video will follow....

jonte

Western Thunderer
A nostalgic scene beautifully modelled and which runs as well as it looks. The uncluttered backscene is an excellent decision, John, which adds to the realism, IMHO, and gives it a sense of place. Looks like a photo of the real thing from Stephen Williams’ excellent Branch Line modelling series of books.

Thanks for sharing.

Jonte

GrahameH

Western Thunderer
As I have mentioned elsewhere this is a real credit to you and the time you've spent to get it all to this stage, beautiful running on the finished Railmotor.

G

John TAYLOR

Western Thunderer
I don't think you'd have the heart to fast forward, single the track, remove the yard and install lofty lamps together with a battered bus shelter on a weed strewn platform ;)

Oh no ! Not that far forward. Real weeds never grew at Sarsden until the end of the war. The GWR at Sarsden has handsome Diesels.

1936 0nwards a little....................

DSC06221.JPG

.................. and then 1942 onwards.

DSC06217.JPG

John TAYLOR

Western Thunderer
I have put all my trains away again to get back to adding static grass.

Having read up on all the best scenic literature available to us RM`s I`v got on with using my Flockit to lay mixtures of 2mm grasses and then carefully overlaying longer 4 to 6mm . I`ve settled on using Heki and Noch products with Mini-natur as further variation in places.

The emphasis at the moment is working from the back of the diorama using colours to try and keep distant perspective if possible.

DSC06250.JPG

I`m fairly pleased with, what is, my first attempt with static grass.

At the moment I have not added weeds and shrubs etc as these will need careful thought regarding colour and size so as not to alter the feeling of
distance.

DSC06248.JPG

DSC06251.JPG

John TAYLOR

Western Thunderer
This week end has seen the upgrading of a fiddle yard for Sarsden, so that I can play trains on fair weather days, as this has to be positioned outside the shed.

DSC06259.JPG

I`d actually built this back in my 4mm days in 2008 and thanks to Intentio products converting it for use at Sarsden has been fairly simple.

DSC06265.JPG

I`ve now got to think about adding power to these units..........

simond

Western Thunderer
Ta,

My iPad is an iPad :).

I have Touchcab, which is in principle supported, but the support is not obvious, particularly if you don’t do Facebook. It appears it’s owned by KMS railtech, but the dates on the webpages are years out of date.

cheers
Simon

John TAYLOR

Western Thunderer
How have you done that then, looks interesting.

Thanks Chris,

I`m on the hunt for that ` light and airy` tree and foliage look.... not quite there yet but using these ingredients I think there is much potential.

DSC06274.JPG

The grass fibres on this Heki product are attached to virtually invisible netting which can be prized apart to give various densities.

I fabricated a tree from natural products using superglue (Gorilla Glue) attached the tweaked `grassed netting` and then over sprayed it all with
with Halfords Acrylic brick red rattle can.

Once dry I then airbrushed it all with a very thin application of Revell matt No 89 stone with 25% Revell matt black,

The next move will be selecting foliage products and colours.