RTR class 15 in 7mm

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
On Facebook last night a link to the Hornby magazine article from the Little loco company who are going to be offering a RTR class 15, looking at the details it will be high spec with working discs and DCC ready.
They are estimating a May release and a cost of £375

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Looks to be a highly detailed & innovative model - working headcode discs for one thing!! Almost a pity they didn't go near the Forest of Dean, but there are big hints a D63xx/Class 22 will be next. :) :cool: :thumbs:

Osgood

Western Thunderer
For anyone who missed out on these models, it appears that Bachmann are producing a further batch of the Little Loco Co Class 15s soon - there is some info on Tower Models website.

But whatever has happened to the at-one-time almost-ready-to-launch Ruston 48DS..... :(

David Hall

Western Thunderer
For anyone who missed out on these models, it appears that Bachmann are producing a further batch of the Little Loco Co Class 15s soon - there is some info on Tower Models website.

But whatever has happened to the at-one-time almost-ready-to-launch Ruston 48DS..... :(

By all accounts said Ruston 48ds was looked at by a few companies but was felt to be commercially unviable. This may be hearsay, I certainly have no inside information, but it was the word on the grapevine. Such a shame as it's my favourite prototype. Given the success of the Hornby model in 4mm scale, if there had been legs in this model I'm sure someone would have taken it on. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I fear the LLCo 48ds is a case of so near but so far...