Relife solder paste

cctransuk

John
No secret with this tube of paste. I did have a tube of Carrs and that did block but that was from lack of use. Ironically, and it’s a long story, the needle that I’m using at the moment did come from the Carrs paste, I simply unblocked it.

Jon

Thanks - I will have to try once again.

John Ishetwood.

Bigjohn

On the subject of solder paste, high temperature, As some one who used to sell such stuff I have recently discovered a carton and a half, about 500 hypo tubes carded. It’s Canadian high tech stuff ( in1980) about 250C. Almost prepared to give it away

Sliced one in half and is in useable condition

Any polite suggestions what to do with it

John

cctransuk

On the subject of solder paste, high temperature, As some one who used to sell such stuff I have recently discovered a carton and a half, about 500 hypo tubes carded. It’s Canadian high tech stuff ( in1980) about 250C. Almost prepared to give it away

Sliced one in half and is in useable condition

Any polite suggestions what to do with it

John

PM sent.

John Isherwood.

Bigjohn

Due to my inability to understand any thing to do with computers and ‘this forum I have lost the private conversations sent to me
May I please respond to those who were interested, and those that may be interested.. by repeating I thought was to the forum generally but may have been sent to one individual only

The solder I have for sale is not RELIFE but a Canadian product

The product is too thick to send letter rate, thus ii have to use the localPOST OFFICE which opens for TWO HOURS ON A TUESDAY

ITVWILL COST ME £1.65 to send a cheque to my bank as I don’t do electronic banking

I only have limited mobility

THE GOOD NEWS

I am willing to post the quantity you require at my initial cost and YOU refund the postage costs and what ever you thin k reasonable for the product IN SECOND CLASS POSTAGE STAMPS. Due to the limitations stated above this will not be at the speed of light but I will do my best.
Please could those who sent PMs please contact me again stating quantity and delivery address.
Abject apologies to forum members
John

simond

Western Thunderer
John,

you might not do electronic banking, but I’ll bet your bank does, very happily.

You can safely share your name, sort code and account number via a pm as these data are on all your cheques anyway - and thus already in the public domain, at least those members of the public from whom you buy stuff! I’m sure this will be very much easier for you than being inundated with stamps.

I’m happy to do it as you've suggested, and I’d like a few tubes, but I do think you should name your price. And don’t forget the cost of cardboard, Jiffy bags, printing labels and sellotape!

A couple of other thoughts. There may be a Thunderer that lives near you, who might be willing to help, in getting the items to the post office, or of course, you might take it all to the bring‘n‘buy at a local model railway show.

best
Simon

Bigjohn

Simond et al

Please I don’t want people to tell me what to do.
Perhaps revealing more than some may feel necessary.. 30 years after moving house I found that 2 cartons of what I thought were models was in fact solder hypo tubes. I said to wife that I was taking it to land fill. My wife said that dumping that much lead in one go did not seem appropriate she suggested that I dispose of it to members of the forums that I belong asking them to pay what ever the wish and cover the postage cost with the intention of any surplus being sent to a kidney transplant charity
In memory of the lad we lost to trans plant failure.

A few posts earlier/above how the transactions can be completed by the use of 2class postage stanps

Why stamps??? John Isherwood, Of this Parish, has responded saying Yes please……my address is………. Johns parcel is packed awaiting the arrival of the Tuesday for two hour Post Office service slot only then can I ascertain the cost of single one or multiple post costs and I will purchase a supply of stamps to kick start the scheme. Jon upon receiving his package will note the postage and send by snail mail as many 2nd class stamps to the extent of his satisfaction. Having a collection of stamps will allow me to post small packages through the mouth of the pillar box which is nearer my home than the Post Office
Look guys, quantity and address , you choose what you want to pay. I have indicated where surplus will go. You all know what a thumb size quantity of solder paste costs. Please let’s play nicely and help each other.

John

cctransuk

Simond et al

Please I don’t want people to tell me what to do.
Perhaps revealing more than some may feel necessary.. 30 years after moving house I found that 2 cartons of what I thought were models was in fact solder hypo tubes. I said to wife that I was taking it to land fill. My wife said that dumping that much lead in one go did not seem appropriate she suggested that I dispose of it to members of the forums that I belong asking them to pay what ever the wish and cover the postage cost with the intention of any surplus being sent to a kidney transplant charity
In memory of the lad we lost to trans plant failure.

A few posts earlier/above how the transactions can be completed by the use of 2class postage stanps

Why stamps??? John Isherwood, Of this Parish, has responded saying Yes please……my address is………. Johns parcel is packed awaiting the arrival of the Tuesday for two hour Post Office service slot only then can I ascertain the cost of single one or multiple post costs and I will purchase a supply of stamps to kick start the scheme. Jon upon receiving his package will note the postage and send by snail mail as many 2nd class stamps to the extent of his satisfaction. Having a collection of stamps will allow me to post small packages through the mouth of the pillar box which is nearer my home than the Post Office
Look guys, quantity and address , you choose what you want to pay. I have indicated where surplus will go. You all know what a thumb size quantity of solder paste costs. Please let’s play nicely and help each other.

John

John,

Presumably, you will post here - or include with the package - the address to which the stamps should be sent?

John Isherwood.

Bigjohn

John,

Presumably, you will post here - or include with the package - the address to which the stamps should be sent?

John Isherwood.
John,

John Isherwood.
John I thought that would be obvious…….1 meadow bank Kilmington EX13 7RL would have been included. Posting it hear should suffice……john

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
Hello John,

you don't need to go to the post office. If you go to the Royal Mail web site (send.royalmail.com/send/youritem?country=GBR&format&weight=&weightUnit=G ) you can buy postage and get the post man to collect the packet from your house, pub. infract anywhere that they deliver to at no extra cost. It's called click and drop ( send.royalmail.com/send/youritem?country=GBR&format&weight=&weightUnit=G ) I don't know why these two different parts of the site have the same address!

ATB

OzzyO.

cctransuk

Hello John,

you don't need to go to the post office. If you go to the Royal Mail web site (send.royalmail.com/send/youritem?country=GBR&format&weight=&weightUnit=G ) you can buy postage and get the post man to collect the packet from your house, pub. infract anywhere that they deliver to at no extra cost. It's called click and drop ( send.royalmail.com/send/youritem?country=GBR&format&weight=&weightUnit=G ) I don't know why these two different parts of the site have the same address!

ATB

OzzyO.

John is currently experiencing problems accessing Western Thunder - I have referred the matter to the moderator.

John Isherwood.