Rattery show - 2nd December 2023

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Very nice to see part of East Lynn is still out and about, wonder what happened to Wicken??
Lovely spot Rattery, isn't it on the summit of the Newton Abbot line to Plymouth, I'm sure there are some lovely early GW photos of the signal box in one or two publications?
Thank you Tim
Julian

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Thank you for sharing photos Jan, lovely.
Cheers Julian
You’re welcome, Julian. I would have taken more, but it was a very cramped Village Hall.

Nice to see so many narrow gauge layouts. And lots of kids (free entry which was good), with a special area on the stage devoted to encourage them to plonk and play with some larger bits.

Cheers

Jan

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that photo. A US-outline layout that clearly follows the George Selios/Fine Scale Miniatures school of "Never Knowingly Over-detailed" - utterly ruined by use of a cheap, nasty & totally unprototypical Hornby buffer stop!!!
:rolleyes: :headbang: :'( :oops:
Ah well.. you can't please everyone... To be honest, I didn't notice that buffer stop. But now you've brought it to my attention, I can't unsee it #thehorrorthehorror

:)
To be fair to Debbie - and this isn't me putting words in her mouth - she said she considered the railways to be just another component of the scene, with her main focus on the buildings (the significant majority of which were scaled down replicas of real life structures). The building at the far end (the American Print Works) has been taken up by a US manufacturer McMillans Print Works MCM-025HO. I like the fact she works in wood, as it's more forgiving.

Cheers

Jan