Project Binky

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer
To all those members who don't know anything about this, I,and others, have been watching ,for 9 YEARS! 2 really skilled and funny guys fitting a 2litre 4wd engine into a standard mini. I know ridiculous, but great fun. Dip a toe and see what I mean. Episode 38 is latest.

regards Rog

adrian

Flying Squad
Agreed - long wait but worth it, helped by the Police Squad and Pratchett humour. Experts in CAD. - all on youTube

Also really worth catching up on Retropower Uncut, current projects a very tasty Morris Minor fitted with Ford Duratec engine and MX5 gearbox and running gear, or an Austin Allegro grafted onto a Honda Integra chassis.

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
Fantastic stuff - many thanks for this! I love it just for the Police Squad intro sequence with mismatched titles. I guess it's just absorbed the next 6 weeks of modelling time.

I've become an enthusiast for cross-pollination from other disciplines, especially where it involves clever and well organised workshop techniques. My current tipple is Paul Budzik, a Californian dentist who does some pretty remarkable aircraft, ship and AVF modelling from both plastic kits and scratchbuilding.

Last edited:

King Crab

Western Thunderer
To all those members who don't know anything about this, I,and others, have been watching ,for 9 YEARS! 2 really skilled and funny guys fitting a 2litre 4wd engine into a standard mini. I know ridiculous, but great fun. Dip a toe and see what I mean. Episode 38 is latest.

regards Rog

OMG! This is a real scratchbuilding job.
Very watchable, but a painful reminder of my own MGA,
patiently awaiting restoration under a pile of junk in the garage...

Peter

Boyblunder

Western Thunderer
Fantastic stuff - many thanks for this! I love it just for the Police Squad intro sequence with mismatched titles. I guess it's just absorbed the next 6 weeks of modelling time.

I've become an enthusiast for cross-pollination from other disciples, especially where it involves clever and well organised workshop techniques. My current tipple is Paul Budzik, a Californian dentist who does some pretty remarkable aircraft, ship and AVF modelling from both plastic kits and scratchbuilding.
Thanks Chris, that's another hour of my life gone in a flash while reading about Jimmy Doolittle and the "Super Solution". Fascinating stuff.

paulc

Western Thunderer

regards Rog
Hi Rog , someone on W.T. got me watching Binky early on and I've been watching it ever since . I have tried C.A.D . Binky style in my 7mm modelling but find the resulting piece of card is too small to be of much use .

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
Thanks Chris, that's another hour of my life gone in a flash while reading about Jimmy Doolittle and the "Super Solution". Fascinating stuff.
I'd missed the Doolittle article which is hidden away - fascinating indeed, and he's not even started the model yet!