Problems with Site

adrian

Flying Squad
Fingers crossed - although the zen status page still lists it as a partial fix but I have noticed on the cPanel server status the server load has dropped from a red warning light yesterday to a green light today - hopefully it'll stay that way.

adrian

Flying Squad
Thanks, Adrian. for keeping us advised and following the action through
No problem - I think I was getting as frustrated as everyone else with the performance.

Anyway the last update says the issue was closed this morning.
cPanel issues -SHCP04 (Closed)
Up

Start: Mon, 12/10/2015 09:57
Clear: Tue, 13/10/2015 09:06
This issue has now been resolved and all affected services should now be functioning normally.
So I hope it's working ok for everyone now - if you are still having problems then please flag it up to me and I'll investigate.

Regards

Adrian

adrian

Flying Squad
- hopefully shunting the electrons into the right holes! On the server there are lots of "services" running, these are system level jobs running access control, time scheduled jobs, database connections, email, disk management etc. etc. so I presume it means they are working as expected and not getting their nickers in a twist which is what it seemed to be doing on Sunday/Monday.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I'm wondering whether anyone else is experiencing the same problem as me since the site slowed down and then speeded up again......

Previously, when I went in to the list of "What's New" and clicked on the thread I wanted to review I was automatically taken to the first unread entry. Now I find that I sometimes get to the first unread automatically but more often than not end up somewhere randomly in the middle of the thread. Going to "Go to First Unread" sometimes finds the most recent unread post but sometimes doesn't.

In truth just an irritation as I know approximately when I last visited the site so can locate the first unread on the basis of the time of posting, but is anyone else experiencing this?

Brian

JimG

Western Thunderer
Previously, when I went in to the list of "What's New" and clicked on the thread I wanted to review I was automatically taken to the first unread entry. Now I find that I sometimes get to the first unread automatically but more often than not end up somewhere randomly in the middle of the thread. Going to "Go to First Unread" sometimes finds the most recent unread post but sometimes doesn't.

Brian,

I find that if I access the newest post in a thread with a high picture content that it can take quite a while for the thread to download and display the start of the new messages in the thread. In the meantime, my browser (Firefox) is displaying various earlier positions in the thread. Often it can take quite a while to settle on the newest message - maybe ten seconds or more where the picture data load is heavy, and I often short circuit this and scroll to the end of the thread page and locate the newest message myself.

Jim.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thanks Jim.

I'm aware of this and watch the "clock" but previously, if I left the screen until it stabilised it ended up at the top of the first unread screen. Now it seems a lot more random but seems to have stabilised a bit since this morning although I've just had one of these threads end up in a random position.

Sounds like I'm the only one affected, though, so possibly it's my PC. I'll see how things develop.

Brian

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Adrian,

one thing that I have noticed is that you now have to click on the tabs on the very top line to get the 'dropdown menu' rather than having it drop down automatically when you hovered the cursor over the tab.

cheers

Mike

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
If you hover your cursor over the little downward arrow next to the tab name Mike, that should bring up the drop down menu automatically.
Cheers
Steve

adrian

Flying Squad
Thanks for pointing that out @Ressaldar , I don't use the site in that way so I hadn't spotted the problem. As @Steve Cook has mentioned the little down arrow should display the dropdown - I'll see if I can extend it to activate on hovering over the text.