Old Trucking Reminicences

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
One rescue mission whilst driving for Spectrans was to collect the trailer from a fellow driver on the firm after he missed judged the distance between him and the truck in front, any harder and he might of copped it :eek:...........

Scan_20211012 (2).jpg

Scan_20211012 (4).jpg

.............you always chance it running in close convoy !

Col.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
No, but I can recall the Land Rovers parked at the northern end from quite a few years back (maybe when the bridge opened).
The little Scarab is in preservation I believe.
It wouldn't have been able to drag an artic with locked brakes so two of these were made up from Euclid TS7 scrapers for the opening of the tunnel - one of which appears to have survived!

P.S. I'm trying to be good and post links to the Flickr pages but the forum seems to put up the full images not the link?
P.P.S. Just reloaded images using 'insert media' icon on thread toolbar which says posting images from Flickr amongst others is allowed - when you hover on pics it does show the link and copyright stuff.

Last edited:

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Does last week count as 'Old Trucking Reminiscences'? :)) If so,

On the subject of locked brakes, this Herbert is not playing ball - took a 25t loader to drag it out of its resting place :rolleyes: -
a bit of jacking, packing, heating and hammering next I guess (oh and some slave wheels/tyres) before it will roll far.

Brakes locked.jpg

Last edited:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
P.P.S. Just reloaded images using 'insert media' icon on thread toolbar which says posting images from Flickr amongst others is allowed - when you hover on pics it does show the link and copyright stuff.
Hi Osgood,

I had the same result when I posted a linked photo of the Drewry 0-4-0 shunter from Flickr, but when I saw a subsequent post showing the photo I decided to remove it in case of erring on the wrong side of Copyright issues. Perhaps Adrian can investigate and get just the 'link' back again and we can all sleep contented at night.

regards

Mike

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I reckon the providers have got together and agreed a way of loading the pictures so they appear in a clean form, but when you hover over them they show the originating host and copyright detail.
So rather than trying to paste a copy of a picture or a link into the text of your post, I would suggest pasting the link into the URL box using the media icon on the post writing toolbar -
Media.jpgMedia Insert.jpg

Last edited:

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Brilliant - I think if you google vinyl wrap garage doors uk there's a company producing all manner of things.

Last edited:

adrian

Flying Squad
Nearly :eek:............

Col.
Quick reactions there! I had something similar with a VW Touran - a seal on the water pump failed and started dumping water into the sump, naturally the oil floated to the top which was then picked up by the breather which due to emissions was fed into the inlet!! So the engine just ran away - unfortunately I was just pegging it up out of Abergele at the time on the A55. Turned everything off, 6th gear braked and managed to stall the engine, dumped the clutch and coasted into the services before St Asaph! 8hrs later got home on the back of an AA truck!